Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd problem  (Read 6117 times)

malooga

• Coppermine newbie
Odd problem
« on: May 22, 2007, 08:05:24 am »

I was having odd problems with 1.3.3 which started all of a sudden. I tried figuring them out but couldn't, so I decided to upgrade to 1.4.10. The problem was that when I went to approve uploads, I got a permission error on that page. Now that I've upgraded, things are really weird. I was able to access the home page, but after logging in, I get a totally blank page. I check source code and there's nothing there. I don't know where to begin to solve this. Any help much appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 09:35:54 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Odd problem
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 08:47:34 am »

I don't know where to begin to solve this.
Posting a link to your gallery might be a good start.

malooga

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 05:32:19 pm »

My gallery is at www.funnypets.com. The site looks normal until I login and then the pages go blank.

malooga

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 07:41:25 pm »

UPDATE: If I login as a regular user, everything is fine. When I login as the admin, everything goes blank.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 08:16:51 am »

Try to figure out if you have upgraded all needed files using versioncheck

malooga

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 03:33:46 pm »

Try to figure out if you have upgraded all needed files using versioncheck

When I go to that page with Firefox it says I need permission to view it, so I log in and then I get a download box for versioncheck.php rather than the web page. When I try it with IE, the same thing happens except after I log in, I get an error page.

malooga

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 02:29:44 am »

I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Is it possible to do a new, clean install of cpg and use my existing database? Will a clean install overwrite the database? Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 08:39:47 am »

Re-upgrade instead, making sure to replace all files as suggested in the docs. You could perform a fresh install with a new table prefix and then change the table prefix later (once the fresh install succeeded), editing include/config.inc.php. However, a fresh install is not a good option imo. Perform the upgrade instead.

malooga

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 09:00:23 am »

Re-upgrade instead, making sure to replace all files as suggested in the docs. You could perform a fresh install with a new table prefix and then change the table prefix later (once the fresh install succeeded), editing include/config.inc.php. However, a fresh install is not a good option imo. Perform the upgrade instead.

I already did the fresh install and changed the table prefix. Everything appears to have gone o.k. and all files on the site are new, but the admin login blank page problem still exists. Very strange. I know it's not any general settings on my server as I have the script installed on another site on the server and it works fine. It's just something with this particular site. Everything works perfectly except when I login as an admin. Then the php pages go completely blank - nothing. When I view the source, there's nothing there. Must be something really simple, but I'm missing it somehow.

malooga

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 08:13:24 pm »

Problem solved. My server management guys figured it out in 5 minutes - should have asked them first  :).

For anyone who has a similar problem, it was a security module they use to prevent automated scripts from hacking the server. The problem was the memory limit. Once it was upped, the problem disappeared. Apparently, as you get more images in your cpg database, the script asks for more memory.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.