Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: confused with CHMOD in album dir  (Read 2549 times)

godyn

• Coppermine novice
confused with CHMOD in album dir
« on: May 06, 2007, 10:15:49 am »

Hi folks,

I'm sorry, but after searching this forum and reading the manual, I'm confused.
After that my album was hacked (all writable dirs had files in them that abused the server) I'm not sure wich CHMOD rights to use.
Before it was 777 of course.
Using 755 don't work. Upload is not possible.
Do I have to change the CHOWN in something particular?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 12:21:12 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: confused with CHMOD in album dir
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 11:59:31 am »

Not a Coppermine issue, but a matter of webserver setup. You need to set permissions that allows the script (i.e. the user the webserver runs under) to write files. The visitor of the site (usually everyone/world) as well as the script (again: the user the webserver runs under) need read and execute permissions as well. This is being discussed in the documentation in detail. If you're not sure: ask your webhost (again: as suggested in the documentation). Coppermine in itself is not responsible for permissions nor does it need particular permissions. If your site has been hacked due to improper permissions, this is usually caused by improper webserver setup in the first place (something your webhost needs to fix). There is no recommendation nor general rule what permissions or ownership settings need to be applied, as this differs from server to server (depending on the server setup). On some servers, 755 is fine. On others, you need 777. As suggested above and in the documentation: ask your webhost. Don't ask us. We can't help you with this.

godyn

• Coppermine novice
Re: confused with CHMOD in album dir
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 12:08:08 pm »

GauGau,
Sorry for the question.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.