Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do give permission to a user to create public albums?  (Read 3452 times)

GIGig

• Coppermine newbie
How do give permission to a user to create public albums?
« on: January 19, 2008, 03:56:08 pm »

Sorry maybe there is a forum topic with this topic.. i read most of thems and can't find.

I wanna give permission to specific users to crate public galeries and maybe categories but without giving them full admin rights... I don't know if there is a way for that... I couldn't find if you could give me some help in this topic... Thx!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 08:22:58 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How do give permission to a user to create public albums?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 04:05:18 pm »

i read most of thems and can't find.
Wow, you read several 10 thousands of posting? Pretty impressive.

I wanna give permission to specific users to crate public galeries and maybe categories but without giving them full admin rights...
That's impossible. Creating categories and/or albums in public categories is currently an admin-only feature.

GIGig

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 03:48:46 pm »

Ok True I'm cheated a bit... i read the first 4 pages topics after tried to search...
Oh its quite a bad thing... I wanted to give permission for that thing for 10 of our user but its dangerous to give the admin rights to all of them... but anyway thx for the reply... Maybe can I heck out this thing over the source somehow or its totally impossible... I just couldn't find the database file where the groups are so maybe its a toatlly stupid question... but just because i couldn't find it... maybe its not :).... oh and anyway thx for the fast reply yesterday;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 08:23:49 am »

It's technically possible to hack the code accordingly, but you'll need very good coding skills to accomplish this. Others have tried and failed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.