Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: unable to run bridge mgr  (Read 4878 times)

tlee

• Coppermine newbie
unable to run bridge mgr
« on: March 25, 2007, 05:27:04 pm »

I get the following error when I try to run the cpg bridge mgr to bridge cpg and mybb:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /gallery/bridgemgr.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.simplydigitalscraps.com Port 80"

Coppermine install: http://www.simplydigitalscraps.com/gallery
Forum install: http://www.simplydigitalscraps.com/forum
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.1
Forum version: Mybb 1.2.3
Test user account: test/ test (for cpg) test/testing (for mybb)

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:   http://www.simplydigitalscraps.com/forum
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../inc/ 
Use post-based groups?:  ?
Cookie name/preifx (if applicable)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: unable to run bridge mgr
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 08:25:44 pm »

Coppermine version: cpg1.4.1
No, you have cpg1.4.10.

What have you set for "URL of your coppermine gallery folder (no 'index.php' or similar at the end)" on Coppermine's config page?

tlee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 10:06:50 pm »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 07:43:32 am »

Does your webroot actually equal your root path? A "403 forbidden" error is usually not being caused by Coppermine. Make sure that there is not .htaccess file in your webroot or within the coppermine folder that could keep you from accessing the bridgemanager. However, when I (as non-admin) access the bridgemanager, I get the expected coppermine error message
You don't have permission to access this page.

Also post at which step of the bridge manager you get the error message (you may want to create a series of screenshots, zip the screenshots and attach the zip file to your posting).

tlee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 10:59:13 pm »

I haven't done anything to the gallery since my 1st post and now I can't access any of my admin tools or my config. It says I'm logging in to my admin mode, but nothing changes. Also, I didn't see the file you mentioned in my root folder.

tlee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 11:43:40 pm »

I haven't done anything to the gallery since my 1st post and now I can't access any of my admin tools or my config. It says I'm logging in to my admin mode, but nothing changes. Also, I didn't see the file you mentioned in my root folder.

k, i got that problem fixed. i reinstalled and cleared my cookies. now to get the bridge mgr 2 work.

tlee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 11:55:16 pm »

Does your webroot actually equal your root path? A "403 forbidden" error is usually not being caused by Coppermine. Make sure that there is not .htaccess file in your webroot or within the coppermine folder that could keep you from accessing the bridgemanager. However, when I (as non-admin) access the bridgemanager, I get the expected coppermine error message
Also post at which step of the bridge manager you get the error message (you may want to create a series of screenshots, zip the screenshots and attach the zip file to your posting).

there is no .htaccess file to be found in the webroot folder of the cpg folder. The error happens as soon as I click the button "start bridging wizard." i've set up an admin account: login:test pw:testing. please feel free to login and play with it.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 07:59:17 am »

Aaargh - never post an admin account on a public board :o! I set up another user named "gaugau" and made that user an admin. I logged out and back in using the "gaugau" account and removed privileges for test admin account you posted (made him a regular user). You can savely delete the account "gaugau" now.

I can confirm that there is the said 403 error in the first step of the wizard. However, I have no idea why this happens. A 403 error is not something that can be caused by Coppermine - it probably is caused by a hardening patch imposed by your webhost. Subsequently, as your webhost for support.

tlee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 07:54:06 pm »

LOL... no more admin accts on public boards! Promise. Thanks for trying to help me out!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.