Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have 2 users who cannot upload or comment  (Read 2573 times)

charipie0519

• Coppermine newbie
I have 2 users who cannot upload or comment
« on: March 05, 2007, 07:47:29 am »

Coppermine 1.4.10
bridged to SMF 1.1.1
with TinyPortal 0.9.7

my other users can upload and comment, but i have two users who cannot see the "Create/Modify" link and they cannot comment also.

i upgraded SMF and Coppermine on the same day after i saw the new version notice inside Fantastico.

before the upgrade, these users can create albums and upload files.
now they cannot.
other forum members belonging to the same membergroup as these two can create and upload.

could this be an ISP issue?
because these 2 users told me that they have 3 ISPs in their office, i don't know what they meant by that but i guess maybe Coppermine cannot resolve their IP addresses so it thinks they are Guests with Guests, so it gave them Guest permissions.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: I have 2 users who cannot upload or comment
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 04:25:41 pm »

We do not know nor like nor support Fantastico installs/upgrades. Quite frankly: fantastico sucks imo. Only install/upgrade as we suggest in our documentation.
Hard to recommend anything without at least a link and a non-admin test user account. If the issue only happens when particular users are being logged in, screenshots might help as well (attach them to your posting using "additional options" when composing your message).

Having "3 ISPs in the office" sounds like a PEBKAC issue to me...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 17 queries.