Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for Admin  (Read 4474 times)

mariahxxx

• Coppermine regular visitor
Question for Admin
« on: March 05, 2007, 01:59:55 pm »

I am trying my best to figure out this new version of Coppermine.

I have disected the previous displayimage.php and compared it to the new one, and on the previous version I can see the embedded video applet, but not on the new one.

I need to find that so I can add a download link for video files and set it to resize to adjust to the size of the video rather than 320x240 on all videos.

I see notes by gaugau in the coding so Im hoping he can point me to where it is the embedded video applet is being pulled from!

here is the gallery

NOT FOR OPENING WHILE AT WORK!
http://www.mariahvision.net/m/cpg1410/index.php
:)

Thank you!
Mariah
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 04:57:31 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Question for Admin
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 04:12:32 pm »

The name shining through in the code of displayimage.php is the name of the last developer who committed the file - I doesn't actually mean that this particular dev knows anything about how the file works. Most files have my nickname in it, because I make final commits when creating a package. So in the future, don't address particular supporters, but the general community of supporters. Use a better subject next time you start a thread.
If you need to find a particular string within the package, why don't you just use the search-in-files feature that is built-into your operating system?
Most stuff that used to reside in displayimage.php in version cpg1.3.x went into themes/yourtheme/theme.php for cpg1.4.x
As cpg1.3.x goes unsupported, that's about all I could tell you.
As you're not performing an initial install, but are looking for advice on re-applying a hack for an older version, I'm moving this thread from "cpg1.4 install" to the upgrading board.

mariahxxx

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 04:31:12 pm »

hi GauGau,

Im actually not applying a hack to an old install.

this is a BRAND NEW install of the latest version. I am just trying to figure out how to get the auto-resize to work for videos and add a download link for them as well.

Thanks for the reply! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 04:56:45 pm »

Identical issue: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=41843.0
Don't double-post! Closing & locking this thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.