Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: should I have deleted all cpg users before bridging?  (Read 2876 times)

Takako

• Coppermine novice
should I have deleted all cpg users before bridging?
« on: March 01, 2007, 12:52:11 am »

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine and phpbb 2.0.22:
I am not sure if it was wrong to have bridged after I initially decided not to bridge, and users first registered under CPG. Perhaps because there was original user data in cpg, after the bridging, these data seems to have merged. E.g. user 2 of phpbb suddenly had 100M of recent uploads, whilst those uploads should have belonged to user 2 of CPG. And because users have access to their own uploads, I thought this might be a security issue and temp locked my gallery until I can find out more. I am not entirely sure what other data may have merged, but that is the only thing that I came to realise. how should I correct this? Or should I first delete all users in CPG first? If I did it now, would it have any adverse effects?

Coppermine install: http://media.rubystation.com
Forum install: http://rubystation.com
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.10
Forum version: phpbb2 2.0.22
Test user account: I have temporarily locked my gallery, if you need admin access I can PM that to you
BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://rubystation.com/phpbb2
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  /hsphere/local/home/rubystat/rubystation.com/phpbb2/ 
Use post-based groups?:  yes
Cookie name/preifx (if applicable):
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 04:08:53 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: should I have deleted all cpg users before bridging?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 12:58:15 am »

This is to be expected. All files that were uploaded by user 2 in Coppermine are now owned by user 2 in phpbb. Bridging an established gallery is not recommended unless you really know what you are doing. Disabling the bridge will put everything back as it was, just check the groups page afterwards.

Takako

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 01:44:09 am »

thanks for the prompt response ...
so if I first deleted all the users without deleting their files. then go through and bridge again, would this work?
or would you recommend me reinstall the gallery, and flush out the user data altogether?

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 01:47:54 am »

That would make no difference, since the user id numbers would still not be in sync. Best idea is to start with a clean gallery and bridge straight away.

Takako

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 06:20:36 am »

okay then thanks for the suggestion .. will do~
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 17 queries.