Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CoppermineVis Batch Add issue (Not on a windows server)  (Read 3887 times)

Cyfarian

• Coppermine newbie
CoppermineVis Batch Add issue (Not on a windows server)
« on: February 22, 2007, 03:50:23 am »

Hello,
I have used coppermine extensively in the past and decided to try to use it with Joomla, using the CoppermineVis bridge.  I installed CoppermineVis and created a folder under albums (chmodded to 777) called videos.  I received the error message:

There are no folders inside the "albums" folder yet. etc...

I searched this forum extensively and read numerous posts, but they all seemed linked to a windows server.  I am on an apache server.  I did switch to the classic theme with the same results.  I also turned off Browsable batch-add interface.

The one thing to note is that the joomla live site variable is currently set to the ip address (plus the /~username/site) till the site goes live.  I don't know if that would interfere or not. 

Any thoughts?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: CoppermineVis Batch Add issue (Not on a windows server)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 08:04:31 am »

CoppermineVis goes unsupported. It encourages people to break the coppermine license. Either get support from the page that provided the CoppermineVis piracy app or bridge as we suggest.

Cyfarian

• Coppermine newbie
Re: CoppermineVis Batch Add issue (Not on a windows server)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 02:46:50 pm »

Wow, I had no idea!  Can you please tell me how it encourages people to break the coppermine license?  I installed it yesterday and it installed with the credit link to your site.  I would like to post a review on the joomla downloads page for this product to state that it isn't supported here to let others know that before paying for it.   

I searched for bridging info here, but it seemed for joomla 1.5, which I don't think 1.5 has a stable release yet.  I saw that someone else had created a bridge for joomla 1.0, but from the thread, it seemed to still have bugs.  All of the reviews for CoppermineVis stated that it was seamless and installs with one click, which is why I opted for it. 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 15 queries.