Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [solved]: Albums don't exist although I can see them?  (Read 2911 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
[solved]: Albums don't exist although I can see them?
« on: February 02, 2004, 12:27:22 am »

maybe your friend's webserver is running in safe mode and is not properly configured - try silly_safe_mode (refer to documentation how to do that). Maybe you'll need to CHMOD to 755 instead of 777 (depends on the webserver's configuration again).

GauGau

NateWM

• Coppermine newbie
I'm having this same problem.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 05:26:53 pm »

Hello, I just installed Coppermine and am having the same problem.   :(   I changed the permissions to 777 on the directories you listed, and tried adding new albums-- still the same problem.

I went to find include/config.inc.php to check if I have the Silly Safe Mode line (as per the manual), but I don't have a file named "config.inc.php" -- my file is named "config.inc.php.sample".

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!    :roll:

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 06:24:39 pm »

The config.inc.php is created on the server when you installed, so download it from the server, edit it, then overwrite the original.

Be careful not to change anything else.

For future reference, if you change your database details etc, this is where you edit so coppermine can connect.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

NateWM

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 06:51:27 pm »

Thanks-- I'm off to try that now...

Ok, I'm looking at config.inc.php, but there is no line with "define ('SILLY_SAFE_MODE',1);"

I'm going to add it now-- I assume it can go on any line, so long as it is between "<?php" and "?>"

NateWM

• Coppermine newbie
Still no dice--
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 07:06:25 pm »

I added the line, "define ('SILLY_SAFE_MODE',1);" and re-uploaded that file.  I opened a new browser window, went to my page, and still have the same problem.  I even tried adding a new album to see if it would make a difference.   :cry:

NateWM

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 07:27:37 pm »

Not sure if this will help, but when I click on an album to open it, the url it tries to go to is:

http://mydomain.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=

thought this seems odd.  My webhost is Dreamhost, which has its PHP set up in a particluar manner (a quick overview of their PHP setup can be found at
this page.)  Interestingly, when I posted my Coppermine troubles on their discussion forum, I got a reply from another Dreamhost user who said he never had any troubles.

[/url]

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 07:38:15 pm »

The define_silly_safe_mode line needs to go at the top, on the line immediately after '<?php'.

Please read the docs.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

NateWM

• Coppermine newbie
Bingo!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2004, 07:54:34 pm »

Problem solved!

The problem disappeared as soon as I uploaded an image into the album.  In other words-- a blank album returns "non-existent album" whereas an album with at least one photo in it seems to function normally.

I'm not sure if this is typical, but at least now this problem is easily worked around.  If this is typically how Coppermine functions, then maybe a note should be added in the documentation about this.

Anyhow, thanks for your help, guys!  The next time somebody comes along with this problem, have them upload an image into the album to see if it fixes things.

:D  :D  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 15 queries.