Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: strange linking problem...  (Read 2161 times)

markhaldane

• Coppermine newbie
strange linking problem...
« on: January 12, 2007, 01:56:23 pm »

Ok, my coppermine setup is here: http://markhaldane.net/photos/index.php

I have the stable 1.4.10 install, with the chaoticsoul skin (some very slight modifications)

I've noticed a problem; when you go to a photograph through a route that is not something like Category>Album>Picture, the URL for it is wrong. Let me try and elaborate..

If i go into the "daytrips" category, then the "london" album, then select the first photo in the album, the URL to this photo is ".../displayimage.php?album=16&pos=0" this is the correct URL, and if i sent this to someone, they would see the same picture

However, if i go to "search" and type in "katie" go to page 2 and right near the end we see the same photo, now if i click it, the URL for it is ".../displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=75"

if i was to send this link to someone, the picture they see will be different, and if you go to any picture in any album through "search" you always get this cat=0 part in the URL, so you can never get a correct URL unless you go through the category>album route.

what is going on here? is this something wrong in my install or is it normal? is there a way to fix it so that from a search people can still get the correct URL's for the photos? cause at the moment people are searching, finding a photo they like and want to show it to their friends, but when they send them the URL it goes to a different photo for their friends.

any help appreciated and ofc feel free to try it out on my site so you can see what is happening!

thanks in advance,
- mark
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 02:25:40 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: strange linking problem...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 02:01:31 pm »

That's normal. If you give out links to people you should use the static link provided in the pic info section (which you have set to be hidden by default). This looks like http://markhaldane.net/photos/displayimage.php?pos=-996 and will always point to the correct picture.

markhaldane

• Coppermine newbie
Re: strange linking problem...
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 02:15:16 pm »

gotcha, thanks very much! i'll make that visible now :)

cheers!
- mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 16 queries.