Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridging error  (Read 3856 times)

dl75

• Coppermine newbie
Bridging error
« on: December 13, 2006, 11:19:13 pm »

Hello,

I have been having problems for the past 2 days. When I tried uploading batch of pictures, only one got into the Gallery. I checked the ftp; which gave me this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING

Than I tried getting into bridge manager- and this is what I found:

Bridge Manager: emergency recovery
If you came here to administer the BBS integration of your Coppermine gallery, you have to log in first as admin. If you can not log in because bridging doesn't work as expected, you can disable BBS integration with this page. Entering your username and password will not log you in, it will only disable BBS integration. Refer to the documentation for details. 

Now this is what I had to log in. And I tried but every time I logged in it showed an error that the credentials were wrong. I am stuck- and I have NO IDEA what to do.

Coppermine install: http://julieandrewsforum.com/pictures/
Forum install: http://julieandrewsforum.com/index.php
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.2
Forum version: SMF 1.1

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://www.julieandrewsforum.com
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../
Use post-based groups?:  0
Cookie name: cpg143

I hope this is enough info. I'm new at this and I HAVE READ everything that I thought could help- but so far nothing.

dl75

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Bridging error
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 11:22:41 pm »

PS: I CAN log into the Gallery, but I can't log in to turn off bbs

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 05:20:58 am »

* cpg1.4.2 is outdated - upgrade!
* where's the test user account?

dl75

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 12:03:55 pm »

Thanks so much for replying.
I will update the CPG
heres the test member (sorry i left it out)

User: test1234
Password: test1234

Thank you

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 08:29:11 am »

Don't PM supporters unless requested. Post publicly.

dl75

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 05:03:55 pm »

GauGau- I have PM'd you because I wasn't sure if you people allow double posting here. If you point me towards the rulles and regulations of posting in this forum I would grately appreciate it, rather than being scolded every single time I do something. I honestly thing you should be little more welcoming to new people who don't know what  to do and are asking for help. I have treated you with nothing but respect, and this is the second time you talking down to me. If you don't want to help- That fine- but please- don't talk to me this way.
Thank you

Now fine- Here's what  PM Gaugau yesterday with....

When I clicked on MY SERVER TO CHECK SOMETHING OUT- I HAVE GOTTEN THIS MESSAGE...

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=8) state=1 in /home/juliean3/.fantasticodata/Coppermine_Photo_Gallery/cpg1.4.x_theme_foliage.zip on line 33

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/juliean3/.fantasticodata/Coppermine_Photo_Gallery/cpg1.4.x_theme_foliage.zip on line 33

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 08:51:03 am »

GauGau- I have PM'd you because I wasn't sure if you people allow double posting here.
Clarifying your initial question is not double-posting. The word "double-posting" means posting two identical texts on different threads, or posting the same reply twice in one thread. That's not what you did nor what you were up to.

If you point me towards the rulles and regulations of posting in this forum I would grately appreciate it
You agreed to respect the board rules when signing up. On the registration screen, they have been displayed and you had to tick a checkbox there, sayin that you have read and understood the rules. Obviously you have not. Searching for the world "board rules" would have told you where they are. My signature says so as well (that you mustn't PM supporters unless requested). However, here's the direct link to the board rules once more: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=22469.msg140696#msg140696

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=8) state=1 in /home/juliean3/.fantasticodata/Coppermine_Photo_Gallery/cpg1.4.x_theme_foliage.zip on line 33

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/juliean3/.fantasticodata/Coppermine_Photo_Gallery/cpg1.4.x_theme_foliage.zip on line 33
The foliage theme doesn't come with coppermine out of the box. If you have issues with it, remove it and use one of the themes that come with coppermine out of the box. The foliage zip file isn't meant to reside on your webserver at all, and is not meant to be parsed. Hence the error message. Obviously, you have done something that you were not suppossed to do, but I can't tell you what exactly it was. Undo what you did and you should be fine. Your issue with applying a custom theme are totally unrelated to any bridging issues that you might have. If you have issues with a theme, they will go away (at least temporarily) by switching to another theme. Try bridging with the classic theme: http://julieandrewsforum.com/pictures/?theme=classic

You appear to be using a fantastico-driven install, which isn't recommended at all. Fantastico is buggy and outdated; it is known to cause issues. It is not supported by us. Ask the Fantastico people if you have issues with it. If you want support by the Coppermine staff, then you should at least upgrade to the most recent stable release that we provide. If you already have (most recent version is cpg1.4.10), then you're fine and can savely ignore my rant about Fantastico. Looking at your page that you have posted in your initial posting I can see that you have gone from cpg1.4.2 to cpg1.4.9, which is the most recent version in Fantastico (but not the most recent version of coppermine we provide), so I guess you performed the upgrade using Fantastico. You mustn't do that. As suggested above, Fantastico sucks. Upgrade as suggested in our docs.

dl75

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 08:07:44 pm »

Thank you- I will check out all you suggested.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.