Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User-based album permissions?  (Read 3037 times)

kxp

• Tester
  • Coppermine newbie
User-based album permissions?
« on: December 06, 2006, 07:33:30 pm »

Is it somehow possible with a plugin or something? haven't seen this functionality in coppermine gallery. Group-based is nice but its too primitive when i have many users and I don't wan't them to see pictures of events that they weren't on but most of his group were. Right now i have some users with over 30 active groups and around 70 groups in total. Its really hard to keep track of everything.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: User-based album permissions?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 10:58:40 pm »

Is it somehow possible with a plugin or something?
No, none that I'm aware of.

kxp

• Tester
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 11:31:16 pm »

No, none that I'm aware of.
too bad, but maybe you can move this to feature requests? or should i make a new topic there? Would realy like to see this in future releases

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 06:19:39 am »

A more granular permission system is already being considered for future versions and has been asked for often. No need to have yet another identical thread in the feature requests board. However, I doubt that there will permissions by user. Permission by group is much more flexibale and less complicated. I can't see the benefit of having a mish-mash of permissions by group as well as by user.

kxp

• Tester
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 01:36:52 pm »

A more granular permission system is already being considered for future versions and has been asked for often. No need to have yet another identical thread in the feature requests board. However, I doubt that there will permissions by user. Permission by group is much more flexibale and less complicated. I can't see the benefit of having a mish-mash of permissions by group as well as by user.
well i'm not sure about many here but it would be nice. I'm an amateaur photograph who makes photos of different events, parties, festivals etc. Some of them are public but for those who are private i need to consider everyones privacy. Right now i have about 150 albums uploaded myself and around half of them have theyr own group so other people who weren't invited or weren't there wouldn't see them. It's really not easy to understand what's going on in my groups page or permissions page. It would be much simpler to just give 5 people theyr rights to see it then have a whole group see it.

oh well, thats my opinion, maybe im just hoping too much
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.