Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Non admin uploaders  (Read 6881 times)

mels

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.everlasting-star.net
Non admin uploaders
« on: September 23, 2003, 09:42:44 pm »

Hello there!

First off, kuddos for putting this project back on tracks! Coppermine is the best image gallery I've tried so far, and god knows I've tried many, so it was a shame to see it disappear... I just hope Greg is okay...  :cry:

Anyway... I installed the CPG 111 version ported to PHPBB 2.0.4. Everything works great but a couple of details which are bothering me  :roll:

1/ When I'm on Coppermine and I click on "users" as an admin, i get a 404 page for "usermgr.php" but it IS online, I promise !!! It's just when I turn the PHPBB bridge on that i get a 404, otherwise it works just fine... Is this a known bug, and how should I correct it ?

2/ There was a "logout" bug that led to the infamous "invalid session" error on PHPBB but I corrected that by passing the session ID in the log out link from Coppermine.

3/ My boards and coppermine are related and working together BUT, right now the only persons who can upload in public folders are the persons who are admins on the boards. And I don't want that to happen... Some of my users would like to be able to contribute to the gallery BUT I don't want them to have an admin access to the boards, and i just want particular registred users to be able to upload, not all of them... Now... erm... how should I do that ?
I tried many many things but none of them worked yet.
I tried to create a usergroup called "uploaders" in PHPBB. This group appeared in Coppermine, so I changed its properties so its members can upload. But it's not working... Right now only myself (as an admin) and my co-admin can upload.
Maybe it's not a usergroup I should have created, but a user level ? Like Admin, Mod, Uploader? But if this is the solution, how do I do that ?

I was thinking of another solution as well... I can directly create coppermine users in PHPMYAdmin, and set the right permissions, but it would mean that at the moment where people want to upload, the code should look at the COPPERMINE user table, not the PHPBB one... ANd I don't know how to do that... :(

I have a bit of PHP knowledge and I can use PHPMyAdmin no problem but well... I'm kinda limited... I tried to tweak the code here and there but it didn't change a thing...

Now maybe there are easier solutions that I'm not aware of... I would realllly appreciate it if you guys could give me a hand on that matter... If you need more details and / or access to the forum/gallery, please feel free to ask so :)

Cheers,

Mels.

jasendorf

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • http://www.338tharmyband.com
Non admin uploaders
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 10:26:16 pm »

1) Fairly sure this is a known bug.  I had the same problem.  It's not really a bug yet though, seeing as how it's a development version.

2) not familiar with that one.

3) most likely a product of #1... still in development...
Read the Online DOCs,FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.

mels

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
Non admin uploaders
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 11:10:11 pm »

Thank you so much for your replies, jasendorf! MUCH appreciated! I will patiently wait the next version then :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Non admin uploaders
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 11:39:03 pm »

I think I'll have to disappoint you - the bbs integration won't change very much (if at all) in the next release, as most of the dev team is involved in other issues. With the bbs I use (yabbse) things work great btw.
So, from the bbs integration point of view the next version will be "experimental" still on the bbs integration side; it'll contain some other great features though. If someone using CPG and phpBB finds an answer/solution to mels' problem, please let us know....

GauGau

mels

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
Non admin uploaders
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 01:18:55 pm »

Quote from: "gaugau"
I think I'll have to disappoint you - the bbs integration won't change very much (if at all) in the next release, as most of the dev team is involved in other issues. With the bbs I use (yabbse) things work great btw.
So, from the bbs integration point of view the next version will be "experimental" still on the bbs integration side; it'll contain some other great features though. If someone using CPG and phpBB finds an answer/solution to mels' problem, please let us know....
GauGau

eek...  :cry:
Thanks for your reply Gaugau... This problem is really getting in my way because I'm right now the only one who can upload pictures and I can't do that alone (too many pics to upload)... So I guess I'll try to work on it myself... Fact is, me and PHP are not good friends, so is it ok if I ask for explanations or suggestions if I'm stuck somewhere ?

Like, for example, when you open Coppermine, and it looks for your username (let's say I first logged on PHPBB and then went on Coppermine), it reads the info from the PHPBB database right ? How can I change that so it reads the info from the Coppermine database ?
I admit i'm kinda stuck because I have several solutions in mind but I'm not sure which one would be the right one...  :shock:

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Non admin uploaders
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 09:19:18 pm »

first solution that comes to my mind: disable the link between your bbs and coppermine (the bridge file stuff) - you can then have a separate user database. If you don't need private galleries, but only multiple uploaders I think this is the way to go (for the moment).
Don't be too disappointed: Jack is working on the bbs integration, maybe there will be a solution soon.
Of course you're welcome to ask questions, that's what the support board is about :wink:

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 14 queries.