Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Header width displayed larger ?  (Read 3492 times)

Jobse

• Coppermine newbie
    • personal web page
Header width displayed larger ?
« on: December 01, 2006, 04:05:02 pm »

Hi All,

Just started working on a site, and added a CPG to it. I'm having difficulty with the header width, it appears to be larger than on my normal html pages. This is also the case with the picture i've added in the heading.

Does Coppermine do anything with them? And how can I make them display the same? I couldn't find anything related to this in the FAQ's and forums.

See jobse.info/photos for the Coppermine site, and jobse.info for the normal site.
I know, in IE it looks like crap (i don't care too much about that) but better in FF; haven't found out why yet.

Thanks for your help.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 07:01:04 am by GauGau »

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
Re: Header width displayed larger ?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 11:01:54 pm »

You should go back to the Flower layout (http://www.oswd.org/design/preview/id/2864) and review the index.html file again. You've left out several important classes in your template.html file such as <div id="container"> and <div id="body">. You can't just pick and chose the parts of a theme and expect it to behave like the original.
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 07:02:15 am »

[ot]
You have cpg1.4.8. Most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.10. It's mandatory to upgrade!
[/ot]

Jobse

• Coppermine newbie
    • personal web page
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 12:43:49 pm »

Thanks guys. I will update, suppose one should do that every couple of months.

When i was having another look at the div's i found the container, which doesn't seem to change a lot. But in the original i did not find the #body {}.  It does have the body {} in the css, but i think the other one is missing. Or does the command div id="body" when included in the index.html refer to body {} without having to make a #body {} ?

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 02:11:53 pm »

When i was having another look at the div's i found the container, which doesn't seem to change a lot.
One little change in a css style or html tag makes a HUGE difference. All I can tell you is to review your layout again against the Flowered theme and make sure that you are consistant between the two. I see other differences besides the two I already pointed out.
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.