Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File Attachment  (Read 2558 times)

germinus

• Coppermine novice
File Attachment
« on: November 11, 2006, 11:01:41 pm »

Is there a way to assign a zip file to a image, so that a user could click an image to view and if they like it they can then elect to d-load in zip format (this would be for skins), If coppermine cant do this then there is no point in me trying to figure it out as its essential that it has that ability
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 09:45:30 am by GauGau »

germinus

• Coppermine novice
Re: File Attachment
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 11:44:40 pm »

Maybe it would help if I told you exactly what it is I am doing and how I hope that coppermine will be able to help me, I am undergoing a huge task of creating a skins site, this is not a normal skins site in fact I believe it to be one of a kind. The idea is that said skins site will offer free and premium skins for just about every format that you can think of, from coppermine to ipb to nuke, as you are aware there are alot of formats to cover and will take a very long time to do, but after talking to many people from different formats the feedback I get is possitive.

So I need a gallery software that will allow me to post pics of skins and allow the user to be able to download a zip file that will contain the skin that they are currently viewing, I will need some sort of shoping cart for the premium skins as I already have 3 premium skins sites wanting to add some of there skins to the site when its ready!

Bruce

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 12:29:59 am »

I use both HTTP and batch uploading depending on if I just want to add 1 or 2 pics or a larger amount. I see no reason to use FTP batch upload ALL the time just because I can as admin:) Germinus, all you need to do is click on the menu item "upload file" and you will see the buttons Sami is talking about. Click "browse" to find the location of the pic (or file) and that's it.

I also have some zipfiles in my gallery - in a separate album named FILES - that users can download. I would think if you just zipped up the files in each skin and put them in a separate "album", that would handle what you want for users to download.

But I don't have an answer on using a "shopping cart" idea for your premium skins. I'd be interested in something like that myself for e-books my son writes and wants to sell. I don't think Coppermine has the ability to do that on it's own.

(from your other thread)

Bruce

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 12:35:34 am »

I use both HTTP and batch uploading depending on if I just want to add 1 or 2 pics or a larger amount. I see no reason to use FTP batch upload ALL the time just because I can as admin:) Germinus, all you need to do is click on the menu item "upload file" and you will see the buttons Sami is talking about. Click "browse" to find the location of the pic (or file) and that's it.

I also have some zipfiles in my gallery - in a separate album named FILES - that users can download. I would think if you just zipped up the files in each skin and put them in a separate "album", that would handle what you want for users to download.

But I don't have an answer on using a "shopping cart" idea for your premium skins. I'd be interested in something like that myself for e-books my son writes and wants to sell. I don't think Coppermine has the ability to do that on it's own.

(from your other thread)

I should add that http uploads are covered in the docs, section 4.11.2

germinus

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 12:40:01 am »

Many Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.