Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Login issue after installing ( and another issues after installing ... )  (Read 4391 times)

Abraxes

• Coppermine newbie

The problem ...
After installing Coppermine according to the manual, I can not login on the loginpage over here: http://209.124.83.52/screenies/login.php
It seems to log me in at first, it welcomes me and forwards me to the index.php ... at which I still am not loggedin.
When then trying to access admin.php it says indeed I am not loggedin, and there aint no link anywhere to activate admin-mode either. So basically I am stuck on paragraph 2.2 of your documentation.
The same like this person here:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=34876.0
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=29465.0

When looking at the cookies in Firefox, there is only one cookie being set by Coppermine, a cookie called 'cpg143_data' that seems to contain a hash.

My browser settings should be alright, I can login to all other places I'm a member of (even the ones located on the same host as the Gallery).

After opening the documentation in the ZIP file, it seems like I have done all the steps needed.
- Database and user are created,
- database tablse have been created by installer,
- config file got created by installer,
- all files/folders in the ZIP file were uploaded,
- the direcotries that should get CHMODd are CHMOd to the correct number.

What could cause this ?

A comment ...
I installed Coppermin Photogallery, all went just fine ... After it redirected me to the login page, I got my first include error:

Warning: main(include/debugger.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/***/public_html/***/include/init.inc.php on line 26
Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'include/debugger.inc.php' (include_path='/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/***/public_html/***/include/init.inc.php on line 26

The "No such file or directory" is a fony error, the file is there, the directory is there ...
I had to modify the 'require' in the /include/init.inc.php file and add the full path, so it went from
require 'include/debugger.inc.php';
to
require '/home/***/public_html/***/include/debugger.inc.php';

After this was done, the error was gone and got replaced with another one, after that was fixed, with yet another one and so on.
Here are a few:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'include/config.inc.php' (include_path='/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/***/public_html/***/include/init.inc.php on line 156

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'include/functions.inc.php' (include_path='/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/***/public_html/***/include/init.inc.php on line 178
etc.

I ended up modifying all includes and requires in that file.
And if the frustration was not enough, after the "/include/init.inc.php" file was done, the "/bridge/coppermine.inc.php" file started throwing the same kind of errors.

The same problem as this user over here:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=36042.0

Question, why do I have to modify every include/require statement for Coppermine but not for a series of other scripts?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 05:12:11 pm by Abraxes »

Nibbler

Re: Login issue after installing ( and another issues after installing ... )
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 04:56:30 pm »

That post explains what you need to do - fix your include path.

Abraxes

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 04:58:21 pm »

I fixed all the includes, as stated in my post above.
Question was, why do I have to modify all of this myself?

But more important, why can't I login? :)

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 05:01:55 pm »

You don't. That would be silly. The include_path is a PHP configuration setting. You should ask yout host to change it for you. If you still have login issues once that is fixed and you have restored all files to the original versions then make a new thread, since we have a one question per thread policy on this board.

Abraxes

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 05:26:49 pm »

OK, will change the question of this topic.

I'm quite fine with the new includes, an include on a full path is legit and works just fine.
Contacting a host asking for changes will take time, don't want to wait for something to happen.

I just want to login. Would be very surprised if the includes would be the problem  ???

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 07:52:37 am »

No do as nibbler suggested ,for first step you'll need to ask your host to fix (add a . to that) that include path to something like this:
include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php'
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.