Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XP Publisher: *** Couldn't log-in. Try again. *** Error Message  (Read 2823 times)

HardDriver

• Coppermine newbie

My fresh and un-hacked Coppermine install is bridged to my un-hacked vBulletin forum.  Everything works great, except for the XP Publisher utility.  After following the instructions in xp_publisher.php and downloading and installing the registry update, I am unable to actually log in to my gallery installation.  I have tried several different logins and have triple checked the passwords, but nevertheless I only see "*** Couldn't log-in.  Try again. ***" displayed in the XP Publisher window after attempting to enter a username and password.  Personally, I feel this may be a bridging issue, but I believe others have done this successfully and there are no other threads on the issue that I can find, so I posted my question here.  I wish there was a more detailed or informative error message that I could post for you guys, but that's literally all there is.  Is there something I am missing?  Anything I should check that could be causing this problem?

Nibbler

Re: XP Publisher: *** Couldn't log-in. Try again. *** Error Message
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 11:10:05 pm »

The password authentication in the publisher does not work when bridged, you need to be logged in already using IE so that you are recognised automatically.

HardDriver

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 01:20:53 am »

Unfortunately, I have already tried that without any luck. :(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 05:18:05 am »

You need to use Internet Ecploer - other browsers won't work.

HardDriver

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 07:03:11 am »

Thanks for taking a look at my topic, GauGau, and I must say excellent work on an outstanding piece of software.  In regards to your comment, however, I am using the latest version of IE6 to test these multiple logins with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 16 queries.