Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: update your FAQ's.. see this  (Read 3760 times)

Bendjamini

• Coppermine newbie
update your FAQ's.. see this
« on: July 17, 2006, 01:54:29 am »

How can I add some output directly before the line "Powered by Coppermine"?

Edit , look for echo $template_footer and add the stuff you want to output in a line before it, like print '<span class="footer"><a href="http://www.mylink.com/foo.htm">My Link</a></span>';

.. okay.. in version 1.4.8 ... in /themes/yourtheme/theme.php there isn't $template_footer .. so .. tell me how to add "some output directly before the line "Powered by Coppermine"?" ...and where is a the code of the Powered by Coppermine .. to change it target blank .. I see the topic http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=25580.0 but I don't want to do this way..so can U tell me where is the code of this link...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 04:05:27 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: update your FAQ's.. see this
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 07:32:22 am »

Edit function pagefooter() then.
Don't ask how to edit the "Powered by Coppermine" tag - see http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#editCopyrights . Telling you how to edit it would equal telling you how to remove it. We won't tell you. Don't ask!

StarBuG

• Coppermine newbie
    • Patientenfragen.net - Das Patientenforum
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 08:09:00 pm »

And how would I go for editing the function?

I have coppermine in an iframe, and loading this page in an iframe looks terrible :D
I want it to open a new window.

Where can I find the function?
Patientenfragen.net - Das Patientenportal
Fragen und Antworten rund um das Thema Krankheit und Gesundheit.
Schulmedizin, Alternativmedizin, Prävention, Ernährung und vieles mehr.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 08:57:13 pm »

Your question is not related, you shouldn't have tried to hijack this thread. Using iframes sucks anyway, as it has the same drawbacks as frames. Building a genuine coppermine theme that matches your site's layout is the recommended method instead, as suggested in the docs. Anyway, to make the "Powered by Coppermine" tag open in a new window or the parent windows, take a look at New-Window Links in a Standards-Compliant World.
Searching the board would have told you so as well, as there are many postings already that deal with your question as well as the sticky thread on this sub-board "Change 'Powered by CPG' link to target=_blank ?" ::)

StarBuG

• Coppermine newbie
    • Patientenfragen.net - Das Patientenforum
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 01:25:05 am »

I did not try to hijack this thread, I found it via search and did not want to start another one, and for me it looked like it would fit.
As regarding to your artikle link, without knowing where the html anchor is located I can´t use either methode,
and I defenetly wount use a whole javascript just for opening a link in a new window.

Patientenfragen.net - Das Patientenportal
Fragen und Antworten rund um das Thema Krankheit und Gesundheit.
Schulmedizin, Alternativmedizin, Prävention, Ernährung und vieles mehr.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 04:04:49 am »

I did not try to hijack this thread, I found it via search and did not want to start another one, and for me it looked like it would fit.
It doesn't. The original thread starter asked how to output text next to the "Powered by" tag. You're asking how to modify the link target. Those are entirely different animals.

As regarding to your artikle link,
So you only read the article and didn't follow the other links I posted in my reply? You expect more answers.. ::)?

without knowing where the html anchor is located I can´t use either methode
erm, what? Take a look at the output, for christ's sake. What else do you need to know?

and I defenetly wount use a whole javascript just for opening a link in a new window.
So you wouldn't rely on JavaScript (although nothing bad will happen if a visitor has disabled JavaScript), yet you rely on iframes? Hehe, that's a good one :D

I told you that this thread isn't yours and that you're not suppossed to have replied to it in the first place. Yet I told you the solution. Replying once more to this thread (although you mustn't) is plain selfish and wrong. Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.