Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Critical error: HELP!  (Read 2283 times)

aZnSpOiLeR

• Coppermine newbie
Critical error: HELP!
« on: January 30, 2004, 06:34:01 am »

Hey everyone, first off I'd like to say that I really like Coppermine. It looks to me like its the best PHP gallery program. Ok, so after deciding which gallery script i wanted to use, I went ahead and installed Coppermine.

After installation, everything went smoothly except for the fact that I can't upload any images at all. Whether I try to upload or batch upload, I get the same error.

The picture 'albums/userpics/10001/DSC00293.JPG' can't be inserted in the album

The image you have uploaded is corrupted or can't be handled by the GD library

File: /homepages/45/d92974834/htdocs/syndicube/gallery/db_input.php - Line: 289

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg: 'albums/userpics/10001/DSC00293.JPG' is not a valid JPEG file in/homepages/45/d92974834/htdocs/syndicube/gallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 154

My Server is running Linux, the latest PHP and mysql version, and running GD 1.1

Here's the DEBUG info:
USER:
Array
(
    [ID] => 178a88c106695e93c0f49712fd4a12b5
    [am] => 1
)

GET :
Array
(
)

(
    [event] => picture
    [album] => 1
    [MAX_FILE_SIZE] => 1048576
    [title] => View from the Hotel
    [caption] =>
    [keywords] =>
    [user1] =>
    [user2] =>
    [user3] =>
    [user4] =>
)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Critical error: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 06:48:52 am »

Not a Coppermine problem.  This is a GD library problem.

Either your JPEG library is corrupt ot out of a date, or you are trying to upload a rarified type of JPEG it cannot handle. (CMKY JPEGs fall into that group.)

Another possible source could be a nonstandard image editing pack. Since it is GD 1.1 (the last 1.X version was something like 1.8), though, I would think the library is the source of the problem.  

That's quite a fossil you've got there, and it will cause you untold amounts of misery (memory leaks, etc.).  Since you are running the latest PHP, why not install GD2?  Alternatively, you can always go for ImageMagick.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.