Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PHPBB 2.0.19 and Coppermine 1.4 integration problem  (Read 4128 times)

RANDY

• Coppermine newbie
PHPBB 2.0.19 and Coppermine 1.4 integration problem
« on: July 20, 2006, 10:20:45 am »

Hi!

I have a similar problem to: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=33686.0

Coppermine install: http://www.sydneyrcdrifters.com/media
Forum install: http://www.sydneyrcdrifters.com/forum
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.2
Forum version: PHPBB2.0.19
Test user account: admin/test

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://www.sydneyrcdrifters.com/forum
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../forum/ 
Use post-based groups?:  0 

I have left the cookie name as phpbbmysql or whatever, but the cookie path is /forum/. As this other user advises, if this is changed, everyone in the forums will have to delete their cookies or something to be able to log in again. I really don't want to change this, but I beleive that this is the problem with coppermine integration for me.

When I login to coppermine, it takes me to the forum, where I am already logged in. No redirection, and I have setup the redirection php file in the forum directory.

So, is there any way to tell coppermine where the cookie path is? I've tried using "/forum/phpbbsql" as the cookie prefix, but that doesn't work.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 07:19:03 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: PHPBB 2.0.19 and Coppermine 1.4 integration problem
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 12:15:30 pm »

Cookie path must be '/' and you must use the latest stable version of Coppermine. If you change the forum cookie name at the same time then people will have to re-login but they won't need to clear their cookies.

RANDY

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 02:25:01 pm »

Oh right! That might be the best solution; to change the cookie name if coppermine doesn't support non-default cookie paths!

I'll give this a try!

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 02:49:09 pm »

I resent the implication that this is some fault in Coppermine. This is how cookies work.

RANDY

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 03:42:53 pm »

Sorry, I didn't mean to implicate that there is a fault... just an option that is not present.

My cookies work flawlessly running off the path that I have told phpbb to use, so I asked if Coppermine had the same configurability:

So, is there any way to tell coppermine where the cookie path is?

To which you didn't answer, but advised that Coppermine should integrate if I change my phpbb settings to suit it.
Perhaps in the future, you could answer with something like "Coppermine does not support custom cookie paths"?

So again, sorry... I didn't mean for my comment to sound like there was some bug or faulty coding within Coppermine and I appreciate your support!

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 04:13:28 pm »

Sorry, I didn't mean to implicate that there is a fault... just an option that is not present.

An option that is not possible. If you have your cookie path set to /forum then only scripts running inside /forum get to see the cookie. If you set it to /media then only coppermine can see the cookie and phpbb will break. If you set it to / then both phpbb and coppermine can see the cookie and both will work. You can read RFC 2109 to learn more about how cookies work, or you could just trust me. Either way's good. :)

RANDY

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 04:42:36 pm »

I get your drift! While the cookies work for phpbb, they can't be shared with other scripts if they are not in the root directory.

Thanks again! I'll let you know so you can set this to solved!

RANDY

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 07:09:43 am »

Changed cookie name, and set path to "/" in phpbb.

Integration is working! Thankyou again for your excellent support!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.