Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images for categories without albums  (Read 2475 times)

pcbill

• Coppermine novice
Images for categories without albums
« on: July 07, 2006, 07:12:30 am »

I have been working on modifying a theme (igames) for my site. I think I finally am down to this last thing.

First the content will have a few main categories, followed by sub-categories, then sub-sub categories. The sub-sub categories will contain the various albums.

I am trying to find a way to have a specific image displayed with the link of the upper two levels of categories. I have seen how to link an image to a category when a gallery is the category but not when there is not.

I have seen a couple of sites done this way and I like it but can’t figure out how to do this. I’ve done multiple searches but I either get nothing relevant or the message to try different search terms.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 06:08:01 pm by GauGau »

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
Re: Images for categories without albums
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 12:45:31 pm »

Check out this post to see if it does what you want: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=33310.0.

I have seen a couple of sites done this way and I like it but can’t figure out how to do this.
Can you provide some links to these sites?
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

pcbill

• Coppermine novice
Re: Images for categories without albums
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 03:42:01 pm »

Thanks so much,  :)
this was exactly what I looking for. Guess since I never thought of the word "nested" it never showed up in the search.

With the addition of the picture it looks like I reveled a mistake in my previous change to the formatting. I have to go see if I can fix that one.

Bill

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.