Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Next steps for 1.4.8 Upgrade  (Read 5243 times)

mlm2005

• Coppermine novice
Next steps for 1.4.8 Upgrade
« on: July 09, 2006, 04:29:09 am »

Hello,

I am in the process of upgrading from 1.3.2 to 1.4.8.  I have done the following so far:

First, make a backup (dump) of your database. - Done
Backup your include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file and your "albums" directory. - Done

Do I need to do anything in phpMyAdmin other than backup the database?

Now I have questions about the next steps:

Unpack the archive - to my local drive?

If the file install.php exists in the root directory, delete it. - from the downloaded 1.4.8 version?

Except for the "albums" directory, upload all of the new files and directories making sure not to overwrite the include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file or the albums directory. - Can I use my FTP program to upload the new directories?  I saved the mentioned PHP files in a directory on my hard drive.  Can I just upload all the new files and directories to the server and then later upload my saved Album Directory and the 2 php files?

Delete all leftover, outdated language files in the lang folder that are named XXX-utf-8.php - from the downloaded 1.4.8 version?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 06:30:51 pm by TranzNDance »

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Next steps for 1.4.8 Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 05:51:26 am »

Do I need to do anything in phpMyAdmin other than backup the database?
No

Unpack the archive - to my local drive?
yes

If the file install.php exists in the root directory, delete it. - from the downloaded 1.4.8 version?
form the old one on your web site, also you can delete new install.php cause you don't need it for upgrade proccess

Except for the "albums" directory, upload all of the new files and directories making sure not to overwrite the include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file or the albums directory. - Can I use my FTP program to upload the new directories?
yes you must! is there any way to copy new file to your web space?

I saved the mentioned PHP files in a directory on my hard drive.  Can I just upload all the new files and directories to the server and then later upload my saved Album Directory and the 2 php files?
Yes you can but easy way would be to copy all files and folders ecxept albums and include/config.inc.php and anycontent.php.

Delete all leftover, outdated language files in the lang folder that are named XXX-utf-8.php - from the downloaded 1.4.8 version?
there is no xxx-utf-8.php on 1.4.8 lang folder !
so you should delete them from old one on your web site
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

mlm2005

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 08:03:06 am »

Thanks for responding!  I downloaded both files for the upgrade.  Does cpg1.4.8.7z go in the same directory when unzipping or are these just additional file?  Also, since it is not a zip file - how do you open it?  Thanks!

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 08:10:30 am »

they are same package with different archive method !!!
7z is a file archiver with high compression ratio.
you can find info here
http://www.7-zip.org/

mlm2005

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 08:22:09 am »

Hi and thanks!  One more question - in the 1.4.8 files there is no file named include/config.inc.php - there is only a file named include/config.inc.php.sample.  I have a copy of my old one.  Use it?

Thanks!

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 08:25:33 am »

yes you should copy your old config.inc.php to include folder

mlm2005

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 09:13:46 am »

Hello,

It looks like the upgrade was successful.  I ran the version check and it showed the anycontent.php as the old version.  The include/config.inc.php showed N/A and the album showed four files missing:  albums/index.php, albums/edit/no_FTP-uploads-into-this-folder, albums/userpics/index.php and albums/userpics/no_FTP-uploads-into-this-folder.  Should I copy these from the 1.4.8 folder to the server?

Also, it shows index.php missing from the album directory.  I have index.html but not index.php.  Should I copy this over?

Also, I posted in another thread about a file that was uploaded to my gallery prior to upgrading.  It was earlier this year.  A user uploaded an RAR file that I cannot delete.  How can I use the control panel to delete this file.  Or, how can I determine which user folder is theirs in the album sub-folder and delete the user from there?

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 09:23:08 am by mlm2005 »

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 09:39:12 am »

albums/index.php, albums/edit/no_FTP-uploads-into-this-folder, albums/userpics/index.php and albums/userpics/no_FTP-uploads-into-this-folder.  Should I copy these from the 1.4.8 folder to the server?
yes

Also, I posted in another thread about a file that was uploaded to my gallery prior to upgrading.  It was earlier this year.  A user uploaded an RAR file that I cannot delete.  How can I use the control panel to delete this file.  Or, how can I determine which user folder is theirs in the album sub-folder and delete the user from there?
please respact one question per thread rule
if you know the album name
go to that album and then there is a "?cat=xxxx" at the end of your url this is the folder name it should be on albums\userpics\xxxx

mlm2005

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 10:01:42 am »

RE:  The RAR file - I was able to just delete the user which deleted the album and file.  I don't think this option was available in my previous version. 

I do have questions about users creating albums in the wrong category but will look around to see where to post that question.

Thanks!

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 10:09:16 am »

as an admin you can delete every file or album in this version (I'm not sure about 1.3.2)

you can post your 2nd question on this board:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?board=54.0

mlm2005

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 10:37:56 pm »

Hi,

Just to let you know my upgrade is complete.  All of my issues were solved by researching the forum and/or posting for clarification.  I thought I would let you know that the RAR file was still residing in the user's album directory.  I was looking through the file structure because I had my FTP program up still and noticed the RAR in both the root of the user folder and the VTI folder within that.  It said IMG.PHP.RAR - have no idea if it was malicious or not but I'm glad it's gone now!

Thanks again!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 12:11:02 am »

Upgrading to cpg1.4.8 doesn't remove existing xxx.php.rar files from your webserver, it just keeps new malicious files from being uploaded in a state where they can do harmful things. For reference, see http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=31671.msg146750#msg146750
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.