Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Group Guests - could not be named to Anonymous  (Read 2378 times)

mcarter

• Coppermine newbie
Group Guests - could not be named to Anonymous
« on: June 25, 2006, 03:04:22 am »

I am running Coppermine Photo Gallery v1.4.5 (unbridged).

After a fresh install of CPG 1.4.5, when I click on the "Groups" button at the top of the administrator's console, I get to a Group Management page.  On that page, the "Guests" group is listed with a red circle containing a white 'X' next to it.  Parking the mouse cursor over that red circle, the following message pops up: "Reset to default name (Anonymous) - recommended!".  Following that recommendation, I click the red circle, and the text field containing the group name changes from "Guests" to "Anonymous".  I then click the "Apply modifications" button at the bottom of the screen.  However, when I click the "Groups" button at the top of the administrator's console again, I am right back where I started:  The group is named "Guests" again, and the same red circle and 'X' and warning message appear.

This problem was previously reported in another thread (http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=25294.0) about 6 months ago.
It was marked as "solved", but nobody indicated which version it was solved on or how it was solved.  When one user (TuXi) noted that the problem still exists in 1.4.3, an administrator reprimanded him for posting a comment on a "solved" case.

Since I don't administrate my web server (it's hosted by GoDaddy), I can't check whether the problem has been solved in the latest version of CPG (1.4.8).  No mention of a solution for this problem appeared in the release notes for CPG 1.4.3, 1.4.4, 1.4.5, 1.4.6, 1.4.7, or 1.4.8 .

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Group Guests - could not be named to Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 07:37:47 am »

It's safe to ignore this minor issue you report. You should upgrade though asap to the most recent version (currently cpg1.4.8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.