Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem after upgrading  (Read 2644 times)

swtanne

• Coppermine newbie
Problem after upgrading
« on: July 17, 2006, 08:49:03 am »

I was getting the msg, before the upgrade :
The previous file could not be placed.

You have successfully placed all the files.

although the gallery was working just fine last week...so I thought that I should upgrade incase the problem might go away..so I just upgrade to the latest version and everything seems to be working fine, I did the version check and everything, but I still can't upload pictures  ???
I then follow the upload troubleshooting section of the docs but now I got this msg:

The file 'albums/userpics/10001/Ching_Cha_Charlie_-_21~4.BMP' can't be inserted in the album

The image you have uploaded is corrupted or can't be handled by the GD library

File: /home/annefore/public_html/gallery/db_input.php - Line: 402

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problem after upgrading
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 08:55:04 am »

The file you tried to upload is a BMP file, which can not be handled using the GD library (no matter what coppermine version you use - therefor, this is not an upgrading issue, but a generic upload issue; moving your thread accordingly). Convert it to a format that is suitable for the use on the www and that is supported by your image library (jpg, png, gif).
If your uploading issues (with suitable files) persist, do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs.

thrdgeek

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 06:43:40 pm »

The previous file could not be placed is the error I am getting after uploading a *.jpg file.  The file is smaller than the size limits set as well.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 06:48:43 pm »

This is not your thread, keep out of it. Your issue might differ. I already told swtanne what needs to be done:
If your uploading issues (with suitable files) persist, do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs.
It doesn't say there that you're suppossed to ignore the documentation and try to hijack someone else's thread. Read the upload troubleshooting section. Now. Carefully. Do as suggested there. If you can't figure out what to do, do as adviced there (in bold red letters) and post the needed information - in a thread of your own. >:(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 06:51:12 pm »

@thrdgeek: I just realized that you already tried to hijack another thread and I told you exactly the same thing I had to tell you here once more: do not reply to existing threads, but start your own thread, providing the information we need to help you. This is the last warning for you. Ignore my instructions once more and you'll get banned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.