Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do Postnuke user permissions work in pnCPG?  (Read 6370 times)

erik-osaka

• Coppermine newbie
Do Postnuke user permissions work in pnCPG?
« on: June 06, 2006, 06:20:10 pm »

Here's a brief introduction:
Decided to integrate coppermine in my PostNuke site: think its great.  I've installed CPG, uploaded photos, initialized it in postnuke (with pnCPG), fixed the double scroll-bar problem and changed encrypted passwords to '0' in order to sync my login.

Here's what works:
I can see coppermine in postnuke. I can navigate it. When I log into postnuke I am also logged into coppermine(applied patch to database: password_encryption='0').  Guests are also able to view coppermine gallery.

Here's the problem:
When I log into my postnuke site using my admin account I do not have any admin privileges in coppermine. Also, because Ive synced my PN and CPG user tables I can no longer log into Coppermine with the admin account I used to create it originally...

Here's my question:

How can I fix my site so that my admin privileges from postnuke account also apply to coppermine?

oh yeah. I'm running
Pn .61
CPG 1.4.6
pnCPG33

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
Re: Do Postnuke user permissions work in pnCPG?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 05:13:39 pm »

Here's the fix:
1. Go to the Coppermine database using phpMyAdmin or soemthing similar
2. Browse the usertable
3. Find the admin account
4. Make sure the field user_group is set to 1

Here's my question:
Why not used the option of using a dynamic user field which takes you away from adjusting default Database settings and ensures direct access ?

Cas

erik-osaka

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 06:16:08 am »

Hey, thanks dude, worked like a charm!!  Really pleased because I WANT to use coppermine (was using My eGallery, but has too many bugs, and no search) and now that we can admin we can enter the final testing phase :)

As for:
Here's my question:
Why not used the option of using a dynamic user field which takes you away from adjusting default Database settings and ensures direct access ?

Why? because I have no idea what that means or how to do it...  Sounds good though, I'll give it a shot if you have time to explain what/how it works :)  In anycase, got things working pretty well already, so thanks again!!

Erik

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 08:59:53 pm »

For explaining Dynamic User fields you should check the Postnuke forums, there is enough info and better than I can explain it.
If you like it, in the pnCPG documentation you find info how to enable this.

Cas
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.