Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: few modification  (Read 3932 times)

montoya701

• Coppermine newbie
few modification
« on: June 17, 2006, 12:19:30 pm »

hi.
1.Is it possible to open thumbnail in fullsize popup with name and description in that popup. I don't want to open intermediate pictures but still i need this size for my frontpage(I use for thumbnails 150px, and for intermediate 260px).Intermediate i use as "picture of day" on my front page. If this with popup can't do, then i need thums open to fullsize with name and desription i regular page. I use this gallery with Joomla.
2. Is it possible to Administration have separted page,so gallery have "clean" look, without menu.

thanks.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 05:35:22 pm by Paver »

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
Re: few modification
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 01:27:09 pm »

Please respect the "one question per post" rule in the future.

1.Is it possible to open thumbnail in fullsize popup with name and description in that popup.
Answer: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=32487.0

2. Is it possible to Administration have separted page,so gallery have "clean" look, without menu.
Answer: Yes. Not enough info? OK, I'll explain.

Use the final_extract plugin to remove any unwanted system buttons. This is a most cool plugin and you can get more info here: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=25197.0. This will remove the login, home and faq (you have to add the code to remove the faq button). Before doing this, make a bookmark of the login url so that you can login in by selecting this bookmark.

To get a "Home" link on the homepage, add your index.php as the home link in Config>Themes settings>Custom menu link name and Config>Themes settings>Custom menu link URL.

You need to have the {SYS_MENU} tag in your template.html for the menu to show when logged in. There you go, when you open your gallery you won't have the SYS_MENU but when you select your login bookmark, all the necessary system links will appear where you put them in your theme.

This method have several benefits:
  • prevents you from having to create a custom homepage
  • will work regardless of what theme you use so you can have many themes for visitors to choose from
  • you can instantly add back the missing links by simply turning off the plugin
I've attached a couple of screenshots to show you how it looks on my site. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Gizmo
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

montoya701

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 07:17:47 pm »

thanks a lot Gizmo

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 02:06:06 am »

No problem montoya701. While doing some work in the Admin menu, I see that you can also turn off the FAQ button in Config>Themes settings>Display FAQ.

Good luck and let us know if this solves your questions.

Gizmo
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

montoya701

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 05:19:16 pm »

thanks again gizmo, i solved it.
What about description and name of picture in popup is it possible. It would be nice if there is somethnig like a template page for popup so it could be edited.

Vargha

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Persian Soldier
    • Rangarang
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 05:23:12 pm »

one issue per post
please start a new post
Haalaa Boro Ye Chayi Vasam Dorost Kon Ta Man Ye Fekri Be Halet Bokonam ;) Ye Hendooneye Shotoriham Biyar Bizahmat :)
Visit My Site www.Rangarang.co.nr
Check Out My Gallery
www.Rangarang.co.nr/buddies
(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg157.imageshack.us%2Fimg157%2F838%2Frangarang4xn.jpg&hash=48b4c3087515cafe09fc6d3f7ee19dce86328d8e)

montoya701

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 05:25:49 pm »

ok
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 16 queries.