Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clean install on new website/webhost  (Read 3641 times)

stabone76

• Coppermine newbie
Clean install on new website/webhost
« on: June 17, 2006, 03:40:11 pm »

I have recently switched websites and hosting and want to use my settings/photos from my old site.  I have my coppermine folder from that site saved, and am installing a fresh copy on my new host.  Am i correct in thinking that once it is installed correctly i just need to replace my images folder and my albums folder... and i suppose one or two others?

I tried to just install my old folder directly to my site, but that didnt work because of passwords and probably other reasons.

I found a couple links that were close to my question which is why i think i just need to swap out a couple folders/files, but im not sure which ones.  I want the same settings.  I have been "brainstorming" for over an hour now and have to reinstall it because im moving files im sure i shouldnt

tony

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Clean install on new website/webhost
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 03:46:51 pm »

you not only need a copy of the files but a backup (dump) of your database also. Do you have a backup of the db?

stabone76

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 03:48:33 pm »

I'm not sure.  I download via FTP, my entire site to my cpu, so if it is one of the files that i would have gotten then i do have it.  Otherwise, i may not

I also keep getting this error: Unable to write config file 'include/config.inc.php'
I checked my permissions (i have to use plesk 7.5, file manager, permissions)  Anyway, it wont allow me to change my permissions, but i notice they are already set to allow everything anyway.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 04:04:27 pm »

with just dowing a FTP download you don't get a MySQL db backup. If you still have access to that server then do that asap (eg. with using a tool like phpmyadmin)

and please stick to the rules and ask only one question per thread... but it definitely is a permission problem. Read the CPG install guide (in the docs) and your plesk documentation
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.