Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine changes phpBB filenames  (Read 3529 times)

Dolkur

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine changes phpBB filenames
« on: June 12, 2006, 07:08:11 pm »

I've bridged phpBB (2.0.17) and Coppermine. I'm using the Attachment mod, in phpBB, and I've set it up, so all phpBB attachments end up in folder called 'attachments' under Coppermines ftpupload folder. )www.mysite.com/gallery/ftpupload/attachments/) So whenever someone has attached a file, usually a picture, in phpBB, I can register it in Coppermine.
Works great.
I recently updated to 1.4.6, at which point things took at turn for the worse.

phpBB lost track of several files, so I had to edit the database, whithout really knowing why. But I've realised that Coppermine changes the filenames whenever they are odd, with umlauts and several dots (.).
phpBB does this too. It replaces umlauts and stuff with underscore, but not dots.

To resolve the issue I see two options. Either disable the Coppermine dot underscore change, or enable that function in phpBB.

Are there any other options?

How can I disable the dot filename change?

Nibbler

Re: Coppermine changes phpBB filenames
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 07:48:04 pm »

The change is a fix for an important security issue and should not be removed, see the announcements board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.