Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Pics not showing ?!?!?!??  (Read 4845 times)

gazon_zaseyan

• Coppermine novice
Random Pics not showing ?!?!?!??
« on: January 15, 2004, 03:26:33 pm »

Hi,
 Yesterday I uploaded, total of, around 2000 pictures in 32 albums, after uploading them, I went back to my albums main page ( www.gazon-zaseyan.com/photoalbum ) and noticed that the Randomly selected pictures are not showing, instead I get this massege in it:

[size=18]No image to display [/size]

If I try to refresh that page couple of times, sometime it brings up the random pics, but mostly it doesn't....

Is there something to change or fix in the code?

PLEASE let me know how to fix that!

Thank you.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 03:49:45 pm »

Hi,
you are obviously working on the site as I write this  :wink:

The first time I went on, there were no random, but just now there were, on both main , and cat pages.  But then your site went down.

Have you fixed i?

ps, very nice theme, care to share it?
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

gazon_zaseyan

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 04:40:53 pm »

Quote from: "casper"
Hi,
you are obviously working on the site as I write this  :wink:

The first time I went on, there were no random, but just now there were, on both main , and cat pages.  But then your site went down.

Have you fixed i?

ps, very nice theme, care to share it?

I actualy wasn't working on my site today...

The thing is that that's what it does... sometimes when you refresh it, you can see the random pics, but mostly they're not there... it was very fine, before I uploaded my 2000 pictures.

What could be the reason? to many photos ? :(

The theme is the same as default, I just changed the colors... and added a background picture. Thanks for the compliment on it. I have no problem sharing it.. .I can put a link to a zip file. The only thing is that, if you use that theme, you should have the same background picture in your file system, or you should edit (i think it was in style.css) the path to the background picture.

let me know if it makes sense using it as a seperate theme, I can give a link to a zip file for it.

Thank you.

gazon_zaseyan

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 04:43:22 pm »

I just tryed to refresh my page couple of times.. and the Random pics are making me crazy... they come and go...

it's not like it's not working... it does, but not always... mostly it says that There is no image to display...  but when you refresh the page couple of times, it comes back, and then it does the same... :(

how can I fix it?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 05:28:54 pm »

Hi again,

i suggest you turn off the random until it is sorted out.  I will look into it for you.

Turn off the random in config, by removing it from 'content of main page'.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

gazon_zaseyan

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 05:35:01 pm »

Hi again,

i suggest you turn off the random until it is sorted out.  I will look into it for you.

Turn off the random in config, by removing it from 'content of main page'.

well, I'll just leave it like it is, to not mess it up more... :lol:

but I'll be really glad if you could help me fix it...

P.S. you said earlyer that my site was down... do you remember what kind of error did you get?
 I don't know what's wrong with it, but sometimes I get it too, it just goes down, and comes back again (the site).. and when it goes down, it says that there are to many users on my site.. but I know that it's not true, there weren't more than 2, 3 users at that time...
I don't know what could be the reason for that... but well, that's not a question for this forum :)

Thanks. :)

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 07:01:25 pm »

can you post a link to your index.php.  The easy way is to copy it, and name the copy index.phps, then let me have a link.

This may be a problem there, but it may be mysql related.

gazon_zaseyan

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 08:40:34 pm »

can you post a link to your index.php.  The easy way is to copy it, and name the copy index.phps, then let me have a link.

This may be a problem there, but it may be mysql related.

you mean make a copy of Index.php and name it Index.phps, leave it in the same directory? or move it to other directory?

yes I can do that, just let me know where to put it.

but I also wanted to let you know that the random pic doesn't work only on MAIN page, and in Category named My Pictures, when I  open any other category it works just fine in them.
 Category MyPictures, has most pics in it (1185), and looks like that's what causing the problem...

also, what kind of SQL problem can it be? is it fixable?

Thanks

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2004, 09:39:15 pm »

you can leave the new file where it is, in coppermine, or put it anywhere on the web I can get to it, it's up to you.

As for if it is a mysql problem, I really don't know.  It just maybe that it can't cope with the number of pics, or something like that.  

But lets look at it one step at a time.

gazon_zaseyan

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2004, 05:09:06 am »

Casper, remember I had a problem of thumbs, they got all messed up, (the quality)

so the wierd  thing is, I refixed the thumbs using the Resize tool, and the Random pics started working..

so I got both problem fixed(at least it looks like it)

but couple(only couple) of thumbs are still in bad quality, and they don't get better even after using the resize tool..

but that's ok, at least my random option works :)

Thanks for everything

Glenn

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2004, 12:30:09 am »

I have the same problem after uploading 1260 pictures (I used Batch add in case it makes a difference)

I don't see any random thumbnails from the mail page (Home)

I have 40 albums and 20 categories.

137 pics is the max I have in a category and when I go to it the thumbnail show up for the selected category.

The thumbnails were working as I uploaded the pictures. My guess is that it is reaching some magic number and then putting the thumbnails in the "Too hard basket"   :)

Regards,

Glenn.

PS - Great script BTW!

Glenn

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2004, 12:46:46 am »

I went through and updated the thumbnails as mentioned before and eventually the random thumbnails started working.

Regards,

Glenn.

Glenn

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2004, 01:13:10 am »

Damn - Lost them again.

(And it's a pain in the butt going through 40 albums updating the thumbnails)  :(

Glenn.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2004, 09:18:59 am »

link?

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.