Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Integration problems using SMF Bridge to Coppermine  (Read 6602 times)

artfultodger

• Coppermine newbie
Integration problems using SMF Bridge to Coppermine
« on: April 06, 2006, 06:14:44 pm »

Hi,

I'm using Joomla 1.0.8, Bridged into SMF using Wolverines Joomla-SMF-Bridge 1.0.11. Both SMF and Joomla are on the same databse.

I've installed Coppermine 1.4.4 as a stand alone package, into the same database as the other two, and I have configured it to work with SMF as instructed.

I have then wrapped the Gallery into my Joomla site, and configured the scroller bars and hight/width settings so it works great.

I was surprised to find the sessions working fine, not because I doubted the gallery, rather I doubted my Joomla-SMF bridges compatibility - since nearly everyone seems to be coding integrations to SMF/Joomla around Orisitios 3.20 bridge. (A bridge that has never worked properly for me)

Anyway onto the few issues I have encountered  after more thorough testing...

1. I've noticed that if I click on 'home' whilst in the wrapped gallery, i get an identical version of my site inside the wrapper, complete with another wrapper containing the gallery again!
2. If I click on 'Groups' and then click on 'asign albums' I get taken to an unwrapped SMF memberlist which has no relavance to the Gallery.
3. If click on 'Profile' I get the same result, only I am taken to my SMF profile (fair enough really, but the SMF profile doesnt contain any gallery info, so it seems odd for it to be here)
4. If I click 'Users' I am again taken to the SMF unwrapped memberlist

Some of the above, namely 1, 3 and 4, I can just remove from the template settings and then rely on my SMF-Joomla integration to let people access those pages. I just wondered if they are actually supposed to do what they are doing, or if its an error at my end.

As for the 'Groups' settings, I can still change the permissions in that page, i just cant get to the 'Assign Albums' bit. I have to go to each and every Album and edit the properties to assign each Album to a member group. I'd rather not have to do that. :(

I would give you guys a link as you ask in the guidelines, but that seems un nessisary as you would need admin access to see my major problem (number 2)

Anyway, any insight would be great. Thanks a lot.

Rob.

Nibbler

Re: Integration problems using SMF Bridge to Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 06:21:00 pm »

1) Nothing to do with Coppermine
2) http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=27722.0
3) Normal, can be configured by a minor edit to the bridge file if you search the board
4) Normal, the SMF bridge currently lacks the feature of using the cpg style memberlist.

The 'Assigned albums' feature is only for viewing, you can't set anything using it. That's why it's called 'assigned' and not 'assign'.

artfultodger

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 08:48:16 pm »

1) Nothing to do with Coppermine

Of course it is. When i say 'Home' I mean the 'Home' link in coppermine, not my SMF/Joomla home button. If coppermine is intended to be bridged and integreated, then it should be at least mentionned that people may run into problems with wrappers if they intend to run  SMF and Coppermine with Joomla.

2) http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=27722.0

No offense but that topic is far too vaugue. You say "evade the redirect under that condition", that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

3) Normal, can be configured by a minor edit to the bridge file if you search the board

I did do a search before asking, but got nothing concerete. Your reference to the bridge file was more helpful.

I opened the file smf10.php and edited the following code:

// Pages to redirect to
                $this->page = array(
                        'register' => '/index.php?action=register',
                        'editusers' => '/index.php?action=mlist',
                        'edituserprofile' => '/index.php?action=profile;u='

To:

// Pages to redirect to
                $this->page = array(
                        'register' => '/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=83&action=register',
                        'editusers' => '/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=83&action=mlist',
                        'edituserprofile' => '/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=83&action=profile'

Which then fixes all of the other problems.

Perhaps you could explain in the Coppermine documentation for other users that these settings are needed for Coppermine to work properly with SMF when it is also bridged with Joomla. Afterall that is more common a setup than standalone SMF forums.

4) Normal, the SMF bridge currently lacks the feature of using the cpg style memberlist.

The 'Assigned albums' feature is only for viewing, you can't set anything using it. That's why it's called 'assigned' and not 'assign'.

I can now see that, now that the button is working. Perhaps it should be made clearer to users that for each and every album, they have to tick a box to allow image uploading to that album.. it is a tad perplexing that as an Admin in usermode you are told you dont have permission to upload to any albums unless you do that.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 09:01:27 pm »

If you want to use the wraper then fine, but understand that it is nothing to do with us. The bridge is only intended for a normal bridge to SMF, I  can't really help you with any issues you may encounter when using it in ways other than the case I wrote it for. The button is just an ordinary  button, and works fine when not wrapped. If using wrapping breaks it then it's not a Coppermine issue, it's a wrapper issue.

Hopefully this thread will be useful for others going down the same path, thanks for posting your solutions.

Please try to respect the one issue per thread policy in future.

artfultodger

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 09:22:57 pm »

I know that it is nothing to do with you guys.

The thing is though, lots of people out there want to have CMS websites with a forum and a gallery. You should be encouraging people to use Coppermine in new and inventive ways, because it is really the best gallery software to use for that particular setup. There are a bunch of guys over at Joombla.com actually making money from a Coppermine bridge for Joomla. With only a few modifications people can have practically the same setup...for free... thanks to you guys and the help you could provide.

Forgive my bluntness, but I get tired of moody developers batting people back and forth when it comes to integrations and bridges. You can garauntee that if I posted my questions at the Joomla website I would proably have been batted over here first. And then the cycle never ends.

That said, I appreciate the help you did give and hope you can respect my frankness, as I have yours.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 09:56:59 pm »

I'm not moody :). I hope to make a decent integration for Joomla 1.1 if I ever get the time.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 07:45:22 am »

CoppermineVis provided by Joombla is not being recommended because of various issues btw.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 15 queries.