Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Magick error when installing coppermine  (Read 2648 times)

spacecraft

• Coppermine newbie
Image Magick error when installing coppermine
« on: March 29, 2006, 04:52:17 am »

This is the error:
• • • ERROR • • • 
The following errors were encountered and need to be corrected first:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The installer can not find the '/usr/bin/' directory you have specified for ImageMagick or it does not have permission to access it. Check that your typing is correct and that you have access to the specified directory.

In the image magick path field I've tried /usr/bin/ and /usr/bin/convert/ but both came up with the error.  My host support, told me to enter in those, and that my server already has the image magick converting thing, and the permission, and that those should work, but they didn't!  He didn't know what to do, so he sent me here. 
What's going on?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Image Magick error when installing coppermine
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 07:43:09 am »

If your webhost is sure that ImageMagick is installed on your server, and they're sure that the path /usr/bin/ is correct, make them check permissions: the user the webserver runs under needs read/execute access to the convert executable. You can try to figure this out later though - leave the path to ImageMagick empty, so the install will continue then and coppermine will try to use GD.
If you want to switch from GD back to ImageMagick, go to coppermine's config, enter the ImageMagic path there and change "method for resizing images" from GD2 to "ImageMagick". To test if things work as expected when uploading, make sure to read the upload troubleshooting section of the docs and do as suggested there (single file uploads only, debug_mode on) to get a meaningful error. If the path to ImageMagick is wrong or the webserver can't access ImageMagick's convert executable, you'll get ImageMagick's error 127.

spacecraft

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Image Magick error when installing coppermine
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 07:02:01 pm »

Thank you!  I'll try that!   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.