Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: integrating coppermine into phpbb - do I need to change the theme first?  (Read 5251 times)

starfish

• Coppermine newbie

Very very new to this.  Have an existing phpbb with over 1200 members, so really worried that I am going to mess it up :'(

I have installed coppermine, and want to now integrate it into my phpbb, but fist I need to know what it will look like in there.  ie:  do I have to change the theme and customise coppermine to look like my existing phpbb or will it automatically happen.

I am sorry if this has been asked before - searched but couldn't find. it.

Many thanks

Sharon
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 06:21:24 am by GauGau »

starfish

• Coppermine newbie

Sorry, I  expect you might need this

forum is http://loveweddings.co.uk/weddingforums/index.php

coppermine is installed here http://loveweddings.co.uk/weddinggallery

Nibbler

First of all, update/install in the first place 1.4.4. All the bridge does is allow your phpbb users to be recognised automatically by coppermine, there is no visual integration and you forum is not touched by the process. If you need the themes to match then you'll need to make or adapt your own.

starfish

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks Nibbler.

I will upgrade to the most up to date version.  Some of my forum users are trying it out for me before i try to integrate it, as I am so very worried that I am going to mess it up.

I've been reading the tutorials but can't really understand it to be honest.

Also, what size should I set the upload images at?  I don't want all my bandwidth gobbled up.

Thanks

Sharon

Nibbler

The defaults are fine, see how it goes.

starfish

• Coppermine newbie

LOL I don't think I made it clear just how much of a novice I am at this.

I know I am not allowed to ask for paid help, but are there places I can go to to get paid help?  I've already spent all day on this  :-\

Nibbler

No need to pay, just follow the guide and post questions as and when you hit problems.

starfish

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks nibbler, but first problem is I can't work out how to change the colours so that it integrates into my exisiting forum at http://loveweddings.co.uk/weddingforums/index.php

I don't even know where to start looking for the files.  Is it in the config part?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

starfish

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks Gaugau

do I do that through the control panel on the site, or through the configuration?  I can't find it
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.