Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New installation, How to move old Database in ?  (Read 3725 times)

zamirzamir

• Coppermine novice
New installation, How to move old Database in ?
« on: March 12, 2006, 12:30:23 am »

Hallo everybody, my first time here.

I got new version of Copermine 1.4.2 in my 2-nd web site installed, and I have an old Gallery in my 1-st web site.
What is the steps I need to take to MOVE my old gallery to my new web site and keep everything the way it is, without loosing files, structure or users.?

Thanks for your help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: New installation, How to move old Database in ?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 10:32:36 am »

1) cpg1.4.2 is not the most recent version, you should always use the most recent stable version (cpg1.4.4 currently)
2) To move a coppermine gallery from one server to another, backup your files and your database, restore the files and database dump on the new server, modify include/config.inc.php to suit to your new mysql settings, go to coppermine's config and change the target for ecards link. This has been asked and answered many times, please search the board for a more detailed answer.
3) Upgrading instructions are provided in the docs that come with the package (link at top of this page). You don't perform a fresh install and then move your old data in, but you move first and then perform an upgrade as suggested in the docs.

zamirzamir

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 02:09:05 am »

I moved my Gallery, it worked fine yesterday.

Today I did an UPGRADE to version 1.4.4 the way instructions were

3.5 Upgrading from cpg1.4.0 or better to version cpg1.4.4
First, make a backup (dump) of your database.
Backup your include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file and your "albums" directoy.
Unpack the archive
If the file install.php exists in the root directory, delete it. When performing an upgrade, it is not needed.
Except for the "albums" directory, upload all of the new files and directories making sure not to overwrite the include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file or the albums directory.
Run the file "update.php" in the coppermine directory once in your browser (e.g. http://yourdomain.tld/coppermine/update.php). This will update your coppermine install by making all necessary changes in the database.
If you have made a custom theme, apply the changes that were introduced in the themes structure to your custom-made theme - refer to the theme-upgrade guide.

And all my pictures inside Albums are EMPTY now, can you tell mw what I have to change to make it work again ?

I can provide you with my gallery URL to see.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 02:15:14 pm »

I can provide you with my gallery URL to see.
do so - post the link!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.