Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading cpg1.4.3 to cpg1.4.4 CSS Style/Template Question  (Read 3381 times)

ksteele

• Coppermine newbie
Upgrading cpg1.4.3 to cpg1.4.4 CSS Style/Template Question
« on: February 28, 2006, 04:22:05 am »

1st I'd like to say - THANK YOU to all the Mods here that keep us noobs in check! Also for the quick responses - that helps soooo much. And a quick mention of my last problem and how I resolved it: I could not log in as ADMIN - Error = (something like) Your Browser does not accept Script Cookies it would pretend to log me in - but there was no Admin bttn. FIXED by doing the upgrade from cpg 1.4.3 to cpg 1.4.4 > Just thought you might like to know.

My ? = About upgrading, I have customized the cpg 1.4.3 CSS Style sheet, Template.html and Theme.Php to my needs. But I'm afraid to include those files when I do the Update to cpg 1.4.4 for fear of losing the work that i've done and having to cut thru the code to put it back. So I guess what i'm really asking is if "I DO" include them when upgrading, will they be updated  to cpg 1.4.4 without changing my page back to the original theme and style?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 08:55:26 am by GauGau »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Upgrading cpg1.4.3 to cpg1.4.4 CSS Style/Template Question
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 04:50:36 am »

When you customized your theme, you should have renamed it to something else. That way, you won't have to worry about the upgrades overwriting your changes. You don't have to update your theme unless you have an issue with it, since the updates include fixes to minor flaws. Bottom line: If it ain't broke, don't fix or upgrade it.

ksteele

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Upgrading cpg1.4.3 to cpg1.4.4 CSS Style/Template Question
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 05:05:15 am »

YOU GUYS ROCK MAN!!! THANKS AGAIN
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 15 queries.