Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Performed update using Fantasico, having problems ever since.  (Read 3809 times)

rbess

• Coppermine newbie

I used the auto update on my server. It uses Fantasico. I see now, on these support forums, that everyone else has the same problem. That it causes the users to have to log in to view the album and the selection to allow unregistered users with not save. So I got on here and saw the manual update instructions for adding the two lines of code required and tried them. That fixed the viewing problem but some how now, I can't log in as an admin anymore. It doesn't reconize me anymore. All I did was add the recommeded code to the files in the 'Include' folder and the 'Docs' folder. Did I accidentally remove code for my login and where can I go in to add it back so I can get back into my control panel?

Thanks.

rbess

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Performed update using Fantasico, having problems ever since.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 07:56:52 am »

To add to my troubles, now pictures are missing from my slide show. I really hate software updates. Things always work fine until you mess with them. Now everything is a mess. Maybe I should just get away from coppermine all together.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 08:08:44 am »

Please don't let Fantastico's mess mess up your experience with Coppermine. We have no affiliation with them and have no idea what they did to the code.

They probably don't have the latest version, 1.4.4, anyway. So download it from our site and follow the instructions to do the upgrade manually. At least you would be using code we are familiar with and we can better assist you if you still need it.

Please also post a link to your gallery so we can see the missing pictures issue.

azism

• Coppermine novice
    • TI99ers On-Line User Group
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 04:25:43 pm »

I had a similar problem. See my resolution in message http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=28468.msg133748#msg133748. Can't guarantee it will resolve your problem, but it temporarily fixed mine. Now I will do the upgrade not using Fantastico. I must say, this was a lesson learned that I will not soon forget. That being don't trust Fantastico and make doubly sure you back everything up first!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 16 queries.