Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hotlink Protection (Leeching)  (Read 3052 times)

Duskrider

• Coppermine newbie
Hotlink Protection (Leeching)
« on: May 25, 2006, 12:22:15 pm »

Heya,

Is there a way to mask the download directory so that nobody can steal bandwidth from the gallery?  The way I use mine, most of my images are in very high resolution and over 500kb.  Under normal traffic conditions, no big deal, but I had someone from myspace use one of my files as their avatar and I blew through my bandwidth limit in days.

Thanks!

Fudgemaster

• Coppermine novice
    • Trackdays, Car shows, Nature and some misc photos
--
It's an insane world.. But I'm proud to be a part of it.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Hotlink Protection (Leeching)
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 12:32:08 am »

the usual search term would be "hotlink protection". Not a coppermine-specific setting though. Googling for it should give you loads of results, providing excellent tutorials as well as "right between the eyes" code snippets.
There is no mechanism built into coppermine that let's you move the image storage out of the webroot, as this would require dynamic image creation, which is quite resources-consuming.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.