Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another phpBB groups question  (Read 5240 times)

Mastiff

• Coppermine novice
Another phpBB groups question
« on: January 30, 2006, 04:53:46 am »

I'm integrating with phpBB 2.0.15.  I'm trying to have an extra category of user called "member".  Members, unlike registered, will have a personal gallery and a larger quota.  Both will be able to upload to public galleries, although registered requires approval.  I have this all set up, and I created a test account and made the guy a member.  The phpBB admin is the moderator of the "member" group in phpBB.  It might kind of be working, since the test account has a gallery, but the problem is that in the user list (which shows up in coppermine, not phpBB - is that right?) everyone is "registered", including the admin of phpBB and the test guy in the "member" group.  Besides being confusing, this results in the quotas being wrong, and the phpBB admin gets no personal gallery.

Can someone explain what is going on here?  Why aren't the member groups carrying over?

Dangit.  I see a very similar thread going on right now...  my apologies.  My version is slightly different, but that's it.  If I could delete this I would.  :-[  Nonetheless, I'd love to find a solution.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 04:59:52 am by Mastiff »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Another phpBB groups question
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 07:07:01 am »

secondary groups from phpbb aren't being taken into account, nor is moderator status.

Mastiff

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 02:52:01 pm »

secondary groups from phpbb aren't being taken into account, nor is moderator status.

Is there such thing as a primary group?  Are you saying that the only choices are registered and guest?  Is what I'm trying to do impossible as long as I'm bridged (have only hand picked users have personal galleries)?  Thanks.

Mastiff

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 02:54:57 pm »

In this thread, people complained of basically the same problem, and some said that they did get it to work:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=27067.0

What's the difference?

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 02:55:23 pm »

Updating to the latest version of phpbb would help, there are different bridge files for pre and post 2.0.18 versions and they may well have different issues. Secondary groups will work if you have post-based-groups enabled in the bridge manager. The user manager is only capable of displaying 1 group, so it will display the primary group which will be registered or admin.

Mastiff

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 02:11:50 am »

Okay, thanks.  Maybe it's working then, and I just can't tell.  I have the post based group thing enabled.  Is there no way for me to tell what group CPG thinks a person is in then, or what his quota is?

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 02:54:07 pm »

There is no facility to show all the groups a user is in inside Coppermine when bridged. The quota is displayed in the user manager page.

Mastiff

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 03:14:33 am »

When you say "user manager page", you mean the user list you get when you click the "users" button?  In that case, I don't see the quota changing there.  In my case I have an extra usergroup called "member".  Members get a personal gallery and their quota is 4096 instead of 1024.  but when I go to the user list everyone is "registered" and everyone's quota says 1024.  You've explained that it won't display anything but "registered", since users who are members are also registered, but it has to pick one of the two groups when assigning quota and I'm not sure which it actually chose.  It is giving members personal galleries, even though the user list says "registered", so how do I know which quota it's choosing?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 15 queries.