Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine/Mambo4.5.3h mambo login not working after bridging  (Read 3706 times)

macximian

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine/Mambo4.5.3h mambo login not working after bridging
« on: January 21, 2006, 12:12:37 am »

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine and Mambo4.5.3h:
If I use the Mambo Login Component, Coppermine doesn't recognize the user as being logged in. If i click on the login link inside coppermine I am redirected to the main page for my site. Please help. I have read through the posts on here that other people are having that are similar but haven't seen any kind of resolution. I have the latest version of the bridge file.

Coppermine install: http://macximian.homeip.net:8888/gallery
Forum install: http://macximian.homeip.net:8888
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.2
Forum version: Mambo4.5.3h
Test user account: user123 / pass456

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://macximian.homeip.net:8888
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../
Use post-based groups?: 1 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 08:31:23 pm by TranzNDance »

macximian

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Coppermine/Mambo4.5.3h mambo login not working after bridging
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 08:25:34 pm »

Eventhough I still would like to know why and how to fix this, I've moved on to Gallery2. It works flawlessly (for me anyways) and integrates real easily. though it doesn't offer some of the features that coppermine does it does enough for me at this point. I suppose if the problems with Mambo4.5.3h and CPG143 ever get resolved where it is as seamless and as simple to integrate as Gallery2 was I might try again.

btos

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Coppermine/Mambo4.5.3h mambo login not working after bridging
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 04:49:38 am »

GALLERY 2 eh? I've not heard of that before. Sounds like easier integrations are worth a look. This Coppermine program is nice but doesn't fit or work too well from what I've read on the forums...even with the so-called bridging radio button that looks so easy. I'm thinking of an alternative to Coppermine myself, instead of knocking myself out trying to understand how something that appears to be so easy, requires two weeks of study in php and other programming skills...something a photographer doesn't usually have time for. I'm going to try Coppermine and see if I can make it work with Mambo but if it gives me a hard time, I will have a look at Gallery 2. Thanks for the tip...whew.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 15 queries.