Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can we manually resize the thumbnail and intermediate picture before upload?  (Read 3326 times)

papillon

• Coppermine newbie

Hello. Thinking of installing this great program. I want to ask you this. If I understand correctly, coppermine display automatically a thumbnail and an intermediate photo from the original one. This means that it uses a lot of cpu (big problem on share hosting) . Can we manually upload the thumbnail (reduce the size from our pc) and the intermediate (same thing) so we decrease cpu usage?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

yes, this is possible

papillon

• Coppermine newbie

Could you give me a link or a previous thread on how it’s been done?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Just create the thumbnail and intermediate image on your client as you see fit and then upload the whole enchilada (fulls-ized image, intermediate image and thumbnail) using your favorite FTP app. Then use coppermine's batch-add function to add the file(s) to coppermine's database. The only thing that you'll have to keep in mind is the naming convention for the thumbnail and intermediate images: the thumbnail files are by default prefixed with "thumb_" and the intermediate image is being prefixed with "normal_".
Example: Fullsize image name: "foobar.jpg". Intermediate image: "normal_foobar.jpg". Thumbnail image: "thumb_foobar.jpg"
The default prefixes can be changed to anything you like (in coppermine's config screen).
Anyway: although it is technically possible to do what you're up to, I can't see the point. Coppermine works fine on shared webhosting. If your hosting contract doesn't allow you to resize the images automatically resize the images, you better look for better webhosting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.