Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine 1.4 And Joomla Users  (Read 4275 times)

cornelp

• Coppermine novice
Coppermine 1.4 And Joomla Users
« on: January 06, 2006, 03:19:33 am »

Hello. I am sorry if I post this in the wrong place, but was not really sure where else I should put it. I am running Joomla 1.03 on my site. I installed the new Coppermine 1.4 within the same database as Joomla. Now when I read the instructions from the Documentation Tab, it stated that to use Joomla/Mambo user database, U can use Enable the Bridge Options and follow the instructions on screen. When I go into Admin Tools, I DO NOT SEE that. Is there something I am doing wrong?
My installations are as follows:
www.intertwinearts.com/CMS                              Joomla Installation
www.intertwinearts.com/CMS/Coppermine/           Coppermine installation.

Both of em run just fine no problems, but I want to share the user database from Joomla, nothing else. I do not run Forums or anything like that, just want to user database to be shared between the 2.

I tried to install the SMF Bridge and nothing still.

Can anyone help me here PLEASE?

I thank you for your time in advance.

THANK YOU...

knockturnal

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Coppermine 1.4 And Joomla Users
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 05:17:52 am »

should be in admin tools, catagorey name is bridge manager. there isn't one for joomla, use the mambo one since they are the same

cornelp

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 02:03:45 pm »

should be in admin tools, catagorey name is bridge manager. there isn't one for joomla, use the mambo one since they are the same

Yes I have that, but it does not work. I checked Coppermine and shows no users besides the admin one.
In the CPanel of Joomla, I goto bridge Manager and then it has 2 fields to fill in. One is /Coppermine and the other is Jos_
I read U have to put the prefix of the tables from Joomla/Mambo system. I did that but still the Coppermine database users is empty. When I login to Coppermine, should I NOT see a list of users from Joomla?

Thank You...

scubaguy

• Coppermine newbie
    • YourTribe.com
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 08:23:21 am »

if I'm not mistaken I believe the bridge creates the users in Coppermine when they click on the gallery link.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 09:04:17 am »

no, users aren't being created when bridging. Instead, the users from the app coppermine get's bridged with are taken into account. Coppermine doesn't use it's own user management anymore if you enable bridging.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.