Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Menu only visible for admin  (Read 3989 times)

Henni

• Coppermine newbie
Menu only visible for admin
« on: December 15, 2005, 03:16:50 pm »

Hi,

I´d like to make themenu only visible to the admin user - I searched the forum and found this: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=23771.0
But somehow this is not working - I´m using 1.4.2 and the solution was for 1.3.x -

I changed the line in themes.inc.php to         '{SUB_MENU}' => USER_IS_ADMIN ? theme_main_menu() : '',
but it didn´t work...

any ideas?

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
Re: Menu only visible for admin
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 03:02:37 am »

I see two problems with your modifcation.

#1  theme_main_menu()  needs to know which menu you actually want returned ie: theme_main_menu('sub_menu')
#2 Your editing themes.inc.php which is a No-No. (Why? because your mod will break any theme that uses the sub_menu to unhide the sys_menu like mac_ox_x)

Any time developers are tempted to look at editing themes.inc.php you should look at using a plugin instead.

In this particular case if you intend on making this work for themes like mac_ox_x it really is a requirement.

heres the suggested codebase:
Code: [Select]
// Add a filter
$thisplugin->add_filter('template_html','nosubmenu');

function nosubmenu($html)
{   
    if (!USER_IS_ADMIN) {
        if (strstr($html,'MM_showHideLayers')) {
            if (strstr($html,'id="SUB_MENU"')) {
               $html=str_replace('{SYS_MENU}',"{SYS_MENU}<script type=\"text/JavaScript\">MM_showHideLayers('SYS_MENU','','show')</script>",$html);
            } elseif (strstr($html,'id="Menu1"')) {
               $html=str_replace('{SYS_MENU}',"{SYS_MENU}<script type=\"text/JavaScript\">MM_showHideLayers('Menu1','','show')</script>",$html);
            }
            $html=str_replace('{SUB_MENU}','<div style="visibility:hidden">{SUB_MENU}</div>',$html);
        } else {
            $html=str_replace('{SUB_MENU}','',$html);
        }
    }
    return $html;
}

plugin attached.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.