Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please can someone restore my faith in humanity...... (bridging problem)  (Read 5259 times)

jamescorden

• Coppermine newbie

I am trying to bridge Joomla with Coppermine.

I have had most success with the bridging component from www.joombla.com. This provides a visual bridge but I cannot bridge the user accounts. I find the bridge wizard a bit confusing, I am not trying to bridge with a bulletin board, just between coppermine and joomla.

I was under the impression that once I had changed mambo.inc.php with the file in Todd Berks download, then this would result in a new bridging choice in the bridge wizard. This didn't happen so I entered "mambo" in the spare text field. I am also uncertain as to the relative paths. My Joomla site is http://www.wokandrice.org.uk, my coppermine installation is at http://www.wokandrice.org.uk/copperm. In the bridge manager I entered http://www.wokandrice.org.uk for the forum url and ../ for the relative path. Was this correct?. I chose not to use post based groups.

The site details are above.
A test account for my coppermine installation is
u: james
p: jimbob99

I can provide details for the Joomla site and my server if required.

Is there antone out there who can help. I have spent the last 2 days trying to integrate numerous gallery components and its driving me nuts.

Thanks

Nibbler

The relative path is correct. BBS refers to Joomla in your case. The wording was chosen before we had bridged to CMSs. We can only provide support for our bridging system, not anyone elses.

You must update your gallery.

jamescorden

• Coppermine newbie

Coppermine has been installed by my hosting provider so I will ask them to update it. Will updating solve my bridging problem? Where can I get a bridge that you support?

Thanks

Nibbler

The bundled mambo bridge should work afaik.

jamescorden

• Coppermine newbie

Where can I find that?

Nibbler

It's bundled, ie. it's included with the Coppermine download package - you have it already.

jamescorden

• Coppermine newbie

So what is my best approach now?

I am trying to get coppermine upgraded. I have very few pictures on my gallery so there is nothing to stop me from refreshing the entire database. Where do I get the correct Joomla component from? You indicated that you don't support the  stuff from Joombla but that was the only place I could find a Joomla/Coppermine component. Is it possible for someone to check my existing setup using the details supplied?

Cheers

James

Nibbler

I can't say much about your setup based solely on the phrase 'Fatal error :' other than that something is wrong. We don't provide a joomla component, only the bridge system outlined in the manual.

jamescorden

• Coppermine newbie

OK, try this. The visual link is now there but I can't link the users
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.