Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Integration of PhpGedView with a bridged CPG 1.4 and phpBB  (Read 8053 times)

kjohn

• Coppermine newbie
Integration of PhpGedView with a bridged CPG 1.4 and phpBB
« on: April 08, 2006, 03:23:50 pm »

Has anyone successfully bridged CPG with PhpGedView?  I have a small family website that uses CPG and phpBB and I would like to integrate PhpGedView for the geneology, but I'd like to share security.  I have read the documentation on the CPG Dragonfly integration etc., but I was hoping I might save some time if someone has done this before.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 10:23:23 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Integration of PhpGedView with a bridged CPG 1.4 and phpBB
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 09:45:25 am »

cpg dragonfly and coppermine (available on this site) only share the same ancestors, the two apps have forked long time ago and since then have little in common, so the dragonfly documentation doesn't apply to "our" coppermine version at all.
I have no idea what phpGedView is, but there is no bridge file available to bring coppermine and this particular app together, but as far as I can see that's not what you're after. It appears that you don't need a bridge file between coppermine and phpGedViews, but some method to make phpGedView respect the permission management from phpBB. If this is the case, then you're out of luck on this board, as coppermine is not related at all. I suggest asking this on the support board of phpGedView.
Bridging in coppermine means that the user management of coppermine is being dropped in favor of the user management of the other app that it is being bridged with. I'm not sure if phpGedView is capable to do the same. An app needs to be build in a certain way to allow this. Not many apps have this feature.

kjohn

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Integration of PhpGedView with a bridged CPG 1.4 and phpBB
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 04:37:09 am »

Thanks for replying.  I was afraid of that.  PhpGedView is a family geneology management application.  I guess since the bridge between Coppermine and phpBB relies on phpBB's security, perhaps focusing there would be a better place to focus.

Thanks again.   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.