Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poor Quality Pictures - Help  (Read 3779 times)

CopperReppoc

• Coppermine newbie
Poor Quality Pictures - Help
« on: November 09, 2005, 05:55:10 pm »

I have been using Coppermine for a year and in the last few weeks the picture quality has degraded, it seems to have done this after i did the admin tools and updated things, i think my Coppermine is 1.3.4   -  I have set the quality to 100% yet every pic uploaded shows severe degradation, i have now deleted 650 pictures and will have to start again but the pictures are degraded whenever i try to upload into Coppermine, i use Lunarpages as my server, when i show file information in Coppermine it might say the pic file is 256k but when i right click the image and open properties its showing a quarter of that thus is compressing the image badly despite the fact i have chosen no compression, whats going on ?   i did a search on here but didn't find a fix to the problem, any help much appreciated.

I should add the pics on the server when i right click them and open them from within the file folder show no signs of this severe compression and look great as do the pics on my actual computer but only when they are within Coppermine do they look bad and its a recent occurance as for almost a year i have had no trouble regarding quality.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 11:15:12 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Poor Quality Pictures - Help
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 06:09:48 pm »

link?

CopperReppoc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 06:27:25 pm »

CopperReppoc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 11:04:22 pm »

After rebooting computer problem seems solved, strange really and i don't understand why but before rebooting all the pictures looked corrupted in Coppermine but now they're perfect, maybe something in the cache which a reboot cleared, anyways thanks for trying to help.

CopperReppoc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 01:11:46 am »

Typed too soon, problems back and when i visit any webpage the pictures look heavily compressed, i have my AOL set to compress graphics, i figure thats the problem as i changed it last night, i'll change to never compress and hopefully that'll fix the problem and cure the out of memory on line 92 i just got on internet explorer.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 07:49:49 am »

gallery is offline, can't take a look at it. If you actually want support, you'll have to give us a chance to look at the issues you're having. :-\\
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.