Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with E-Mail ecards and .net addresses....  (Read 2767 times)

HomerJS

• Coppermine newbie
Trouble with E-Mail ecards and .net addresses....
« on: December 06, 2003, 09:53:18 pm »

Everything works perfectly except when I try to send an Ecard to a .net address. It acts as though everything was sent, no error messages or anything but it never gets sent. Funny thing is when I send an ecard to a .com address everything works perfectly. Is there a setting in the defaults that prevents the e-card function sending mail to .net addresses? Did I miss a step?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this has already been adressed but I did a search on this forum and did not fin anything.

HomerJS

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 12:25:49 am »

bump

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 12:34:09 am »

the question just isn't related to coppermine, that's why you dind't get an answer. Coppermine uses the built-in mailing functions of your webserver, not its own. If you can't send ecards to a .net address, this is blocked on your server by any means.
If you're self-hosted, take a look into your smtp settings; if you're webhosted, ask your webhost (make sure before that it's not one special .net address that doesn't work but it also applies at least to one other .net address as well. I don't have a .net email address, so I can't test - oh, stupid me: you didn't even post a link to your gallery, so couldn't test it even if I had a .net address. May be another reason why I didn't reply in the first place :wink: ).

GauGau

HomerJS

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 03:09:05 am »

Sorry about not linking. Still new to all of this.   :oops:

Thanks for the reply.  I will contact my hosts.   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.