Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small Files Work; Big ones Don't  (Read 2323 times)

Tanner

• Coppermine newbie
Small Files Work; Big ones Don't
« on: July 23, 2005, 04:56:00 am »

Hi,

I've just downloaded Coppermine and I can't upload my digital camera photos without opening them up in paintshop and changing the quality (which I don't want to do on 200 or so pictures). I've adjusted the settings in the config for my photos, changed things in php.ini yet still no avail.

-Tanner

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Small Files Work; Big ones Don't
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 05:18:17 am »

First, as the admin you shouldn't be using the web interface to upload your pictures.  You should FTP them and then batch add them to your gallery.  You won't run into those problems anymore.  Detailed instructions are in the documentation.

Second, I recommend reading the documention.  It came with the Coppermine distribution, in the /docs folder.

Third, after you made changes to php.ini, did you restart the server?

Also...

What should I do first?
General upload troubleshooting.
Troubleshooting the upload process.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Tanner

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 05:31:38 am »

First, as the admin you shouldn't be using the web interface to upload your pictures.  You should FTP them and then batch add them to your gallery.  You won't run into those problems anymore.  Detailed instructions are in the documentation.

Second, I recommend reading the documention.  It came with the Coppermine distribution, in the /docs folder.

Third, after you made changes to php.ini, did you restart the server?

Also...

What should I do first?
General upload troubleshooting.
Troubleshooting the upload process.

Ok. I did not restart the server as fear it might not start up again (although it is just down the road).

-Tanner

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 09:36:10 am »

another recommended page: http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/tutorial/ Take a look at the "Batch-resizing pics" tutorial there.
Is this issue solved?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.