Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Invalid Argument?  (Read 7742 times)

Anhinga

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Snakebird.net
Invalid Argument?
« on: July 12, 2005, 10:24:30 am »

My Coppermine gallery is at www.snakebird.net/gallery .  I just bridged it with an SMF forum on my domain, and everything seems to be working OK except for one thing--when I try to view "categories " in the admin section, it gives me this error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/agahnim/public_html/gallery/catmgr.php on line on line x

Where x is the line number.  It displays this in three places; one for line 78, one for line 189, and one for line 98.

I haven't altered the catmgr.php file at all, apart from upgrading everything to CPG 1.3.3.  Does anyone know what could be causing this problem?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 08:48:47 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Invalid Argument?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 10:56:29 am »

it seems that you haven't properly upgraded everything. Use the versioncheck tool to find out what files need updating: http://www.snakebird.net/gallery/versioncheck.php

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 03:23:58 pm »

Looks like you are missing your user galleries category. Run this query to create a new one:

Code: [Select]
INSERT INTO CPG_categories VALUES (1, 0, 'User galleries', 'This category contains albums that belong to Coppermine users.', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'NO');

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 02:21:04 am »

I think it's something to do with the way you restored the database. You seem to have restored the tables without the actual contents.

Anhinga

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Snakebird.net
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 03:11:00 am »

I know that's what's wrong with the database, but I can't figure out why this is happening.  I installed both the Coppermine and the SMF forum using Fantastico, and all I did to combine their databases was save a text file of the coppermine database and import all the tables into the SMF one.

I basically just followed your instructions from this thread.  Why am I the only person having this problem?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 08:48:32 am »

we don't recommend the fantastico builds, they used to be buggy in the past, as the fantastico people have to modify the coppermine core code to make it work with their package, so one possible reson is the use of fantastico instead of doing it the recommended way: downloading the most recent stable package from our site and installing it "manually".
Another reason might be that you simply did something wrong - this is only human, people make errors sometimes. Impossible to say what exactly went wrong.

nautica

• Coppermine novice
    • http://lnx.nauticalink.it/links
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 10:28:33 pm »

Hi 

I have the same problem that you have had you can tell you me how to resolve this problem. 

Thanks

I know that's what's wrong with the database, but I can't figure out why this is happening.  I installed both the Coppermine and the SMF forum using Fantastico, and all I did to combine their databases was save a text file of the coppermine database and import all the tables into the SMF one.

I basically just followed your instructions from this thread.  Why am I the only person having this problem?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 09:02:11 am »

did you try the suggested fixes above? What were the results?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.