Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Got a problem here:(  (Read 6759 times)

bemmo

• Coppermine newbie
Got a problem here:(
« on: July 03, 2005, 07:28:45 pm »

Something very unusual is going on with my gallery. Since I got it running, the admin panel has always shown for me - i could not even go to the regular user panel. Today ... nothing. I tried to log in as a regular user, went through the entries and it said "welcome". However, when I used the @ sign to switch to admin mode all I got was the same "register, login, etc" panel.

I don't even remember how to sign in as admin. I tried entering admin and my regular password and it says no account exists or something ike that. I tried the forgot password with "admin" and it again says no such account exists.

I'm lost. A search for login problems didn't show me anything like this. I need some help here please?

UPDATE:  I deleted all my cookies in temp internet files and tried loggin in again. I got this message in the login box.... "Warning your browser does not accept script's cookies "

This is a mystery since all my other forums that require cookies to login are just fine. I tried running my url with admin.php and it said I diodn't have access to that page.

I am really stumped now and have no idea why this is happening after running perfectly for months with the admin mode automatically appearing. If nobody can help I guess I will havwe to delete everything and start over.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 10:11:30 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Got a problem here:(
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 10:38:29 pm »

Try this to get your admin data : http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=19382.msg89055#msg89055

If you can't login using that data, then post a link to your site.

bemmo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 10:42:34 pm »

Try this to get your admin data : http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=19382.msg89055#msg89055

If you can't login using that data, then post a link to your site.

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand what that is. Save it as a new PHP file named what? I am not a programmer and don't know anything at all about PHP or this other stuff.

EDIT: Well okay I think I got that sorted out. I saved that data as test.php and ftp'd to my cpg133 folder, ran it in my browser and got the admin username and password. Unfortunately that is the same info I entered before and I still get the error message about the "browser not accepting the scripts cookies" thing. I still cannot access the admin panel because obviously it is not logging me in although I get the "welcome ..." message. I am using IE6 and have cookies set to medium/low. My ISP server apparently has been running PHP5 since I set this up, so why the problem now? Nothing has changed in my setup since I had access last night.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 10:51:17 pm by bemmo »

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 10:52:37 pm »

OK, create a new file with a text editor like notepad and copy/paste the code that I posted into it. Save it as anything you like, eg. abc.php and upload it into your coppermine folder using your FTP client. Then go to http://your_site_here/your_copperine_folder/abc.php in your web browser and it will tell you what your admin login and password are. The admin login system is that same as for regular users, just use the login page. There is no need to delete anything or reinstall coppermine.

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 10:54:32 pm »

Make sure your host has long arrays enabled. If they have disabled it then Coppermine 1.3 will not be able to work.

bemmo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 01:04:31 am »

OK, create a new file with a text editor like notepad and copy/paste the code that I posted into it. Save it as anything you like, eg. abc.php and upload it into your coppermine folder using your FTP client. Then go to http://your_site_here/your_copperine_folder/abc.php in your web browser and it will tell you what your admin login and password are. The admin login system is that same as for regular users, just use the login page. There is no need to delete anything or reinstall coppermine.

Well - like I said above....
"I saved that data as test.php and ftp'd to my cpg133 folder, ran it in my browser and got the admin username and password. Unfortunately that is the same info I entered before and I still get the error message about the "browser not accepting the scripts cookies" thing. I still cannot access the admin panel because obviously it is not logging me in although I get the "welcome ..." message."
... so I do what you said to do and it still won't log me in. I emailed my host and they said I am still running PHP4 so the upgrade to PHP5 error is not a factor. It just will not let me log in, period, as admin - the same "browser does not accept scripts cookies" appears. This is getting old real fast.

bemmo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 01:05:34 am »

Make sure your host has long arrays enabled. If they have disabled it then Coppermine 1.3 will not be able to work.

I have NO idea how I would find that out. Can you clue me maybe?

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 01:26:45 am »

If you don't have PHP5 then it's not an issue. If you can PM a link to your site and your admin details I can take a look for you.

bemmo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2005, 01:40:26 am »

If you don't have PHP5 then it's not an issue. If you can PM a link to your site and your admin details I can take a look for you.

PM sent .....

Okay, I'm getting nowhere with this. The thing worked fine yesterday and today it doesn't. There has to be a logical reason why.

If I leave all the folders as is with all pics and albums and re-run install.php .... would that help? And would the rest of this thing remain as before? I am still getting the "browser does not support scripts cookies" message and cannot log in as either admin or a guest - nor can anyone else. This is ridiculous!

Am I going to get any help here?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 12:53:26 pm by bemmo »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 08:03:42 am »

http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php#lamesupport
Nibbler has been very kind by allowing you to PM him, he surely will look into this as soon as he has got the time. After all, you're getting free individual support by an excellent developer, bumping this thread is not very nice. Don't be a moron! >:(

bemmo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 01:17:10 pm »

http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php#lamesupport
Nibbler has been very kind by allowing you to PM him, he surely will look into this as soon as he has got the time. After all, you're getting free individual support by an excellent developer, bumping this thread is not very nice. Don't be a moron! >:(

Moron? You really are an insufferable asshole. I am not bumbing anything - I am adding comments to the thread that might have helped someone figure out what the problem was.

This board has to be the most useless piece of crap I've ever seen. All anyone gets is arrogant commentary from the likes of you and MAYBE an answer if you are asskissed. So *beep* you, you smarmy asswipe. No thanks to you I reconstructed my gallery my own way - which I should have tried at the outset without bothering all you egomaniacs. The product is like it's "support" .... garbage. If it blows up again - as I fully expect it to considering the source - I'll just delete the whole thing again and find a decent program.

Yeah - you can delete my account - I won't be back. For what?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.