Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dropdown menus insted of text box in Custom User Fields  (Read 6263 times)

codeslayer

• Coppermine novice
Dropdown menus insted of text box in Custom User Fields
« on: June 07, 2005, 09:14:21 am »

I need to have dropdown menus / combobox instead of input text box in "Custom User Fields"
Please guide me what could should I replace in config.php, editpics.php, editonepic.php

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Dropdown menus insted of text box in Custom User Fields
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 10:47:04 am »

don't double-post. I removed your identical one.

codeslayer

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 08:31:22 am »

Thank you GauGau,

and the answer ?  :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 09:52:05 am »

won't code it for you. You need it - you code it.

codeslayer

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 08:40:16 am »

how rude !

§:`(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 08:45:28 am »

not rude, just stating the facts. If you can't code it, you'll have to hire someone to do it for you, but as you chose the nick "codeslayer" I thought it'd be easy for you.

codeslayer

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 05:11:57 pm »

Now i'll code it myself....well i'll try !
I needed just a little help, not asking someone to code the pages and send it to me for free, CPG is free and thats the best thing.
The problem i am facing is acctually i am using Coppermine in Php-nuke, and i am trying to modify it to suit my needs, to some extent i am successfull. I joined this forum when you people stop giving support for CPG + phpnuke, saying that phpnuke code is hard to understand and less reliable. Well CPG not is also hard to understand, well atleast for me, coz i am new in this php/mysql opensource thing. i have programming experience in ASP + SQL Server (Booooo  ;D)  Now will only work on PHP/MySQL as it is free, realiable, fast etc.

So now all i want to ask you if there is any CPG programming guide or some kind of chart that might be helpfull exploring/learning Coppermine.

Thanks and Best Regard
Codeslayer (...wannabe)

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 06:41:28 pm »

Actually, we never gave support for the nuke port of Coppermine.  The team that did the nuke port decided to stop using phpNuke (too many security holes) and they abandoned the project in favor of starting their own port, cpgNuke.  We don't know phpNuke and therefore can't advise on any nuke modules.

I feel your ASP pain.  I'm forced to use ASP 3 and SQL Server (although I like SQL Server and stored procedures) at work.  But once I teach myself Java I'll be writing Java applications so I won't have to deal with ASP any more.   ;D
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

codeslayer

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 08:40:56 am »

Thanks for the reply. :)

Is there a board where i can learn about different Coppermine projects, i am not sure where to start from if i quit working on phpnuke+coppermine. There are too many packages available to install from your download section, how do i know which one suits my needs. If there is unfortunately no board for that, can your or anyone else reading this post be kind enough to guide me. Let me tell you about my scope of work.

I work for a company that imports Gifts, giveaways and business promotional item from China, HK, Taiwan and other countries. We receive sample from different manufacturing industries in China to introduce them in our local market. For that we take the pictures of items and put them on our static pages web. Now what I want to do is to shift the web to dynamic database driven website. for that I started to explore phpnuke as it has free templates available on net, new modules everyday, COPPERMINE was there too (...alas no support of it anymore)

So is there any version of coppermie that I could Taylor to use it for my company. Or there is already a good soul out there who has already made similar kind of cms, that has picture gallery with inquiry form support.

I CANT PAY FOR A CODER AS MY CURRENT SALARY IS US $ 100/- per month (seriously i am not kidding... this is average Paki Salary package)

any help will be highly appreciated !!! i need a kick start!
HELP ! ( damn.... i wish too much  :-[)

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 08:46:02 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 15 queries.