Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: batch + can't read that file  (Read 3360 times)

rbdv

• Coppermine newbie
batch + can't read that file
« on: June 17, 2004, 01:35:05 pm »

I set up Coppermine 1.30 last night and tried the batch uploading (the other upload function works good). The folder i created was recognized and i saw a list of all the files but instead of a thumbnail of the pictures i saw  '404 Can't read that file' pictures. What's the problem here? I can upload through the normal way so this must work also i guess..?

Another question i have is the fact that (after i installed the downloaded reg file) i cant make use of the XP Web Publishing Wizard Client because i dont get the 'Publish xxx on the web'  in the left pane when i select some (jpg)files. Is there a solution for this problem?

Thnxzz

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: batch + can't read that file
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 02:13:28 pm »

Did you CHMOD the upload folder you were meant to create to ftp-upload pics to as suggested in the docs?

GauGau

MasterBeer

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 10:07:22 am »

I have exactly the same problem. My folder is CHMOD to 777, and Coppermine doesn't complain about that.

So, I uploaded some JPG files with FileZilla, CHMOD the folder to 777... Should work, always worked before. It seems that Coppermine doesn't recognize that this JPG file actually IS a JPG file. The problem occurs when I try to batch add these JPEG files; usually some thumbnails are created, which can be selected to be added to the album. Right now, no thumbnail shows up, but the '404 Can't read that file' picture is shown... Never had that before, does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 01:47:19 pm »

404 doesn't mean "can't read the file", but "file isn't there". Post the actual error message, not some bogus information. Deep link to pic that you want to add might help.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 16 queries.